4/9/2009 7:04pm - Uplink Activity Report - 27 changes

I am also an Absolute sub. I don't neccessarily understand why I get some new HD but some I dont. Like others I am not getting Fox News, Nick, MTV, and VH1. Does anyone know why? Is it contractual? If it is, why would they choose to allow (CMT) and not (VH1) for example?

I'd love an answer to this as well...I recently downgraded from the Everything packto TurboHD Gold w/ Platinum and dont see Fox, Nick, MTV or VH1. This doesn't make sense to me for Dish to withhold HD channels from an all-HD programming subscription. :mad:

Is it assuming too much to say that the Turbo packs suck? I don't understand why they don't include all the HD even at the highest tier. It's not like you're saving a ton vs. the classic packages plus the corresponding HD add-on. I'd love to go to a Turbo package but it's a no-go as long as it doesn't have FoxNews and Nick.

Is it assuming too much to say that the Turbo packs suck? I don't understand why they don't include all the HD even at the highest tier. It's not like you're saving a ton vs. the classic packages plus the corresponding HD add-on. I'd love to go to a Turbo package but it's a no-go as long as it doesn't have FoxNews and Nick.

:up

Is it assuming too much to say that the Turbo packs suck? I don't understand why they don't include all the HD even at the highest tier. It's not like you're saving a ton vs. the classic packages plus the corresponding HD add-on.

The way things are going, Dish seems to be implementing the "movie theater popcorn" pricing method.

I'll have to check the differences on Comedy Central HD picture quality between 129° and 61.5° later this evening when I get back home. I have two dishes on my rooftop, a 1000.2 unit for my primary service and an additional Dish 500 pointed at 61.5° for HD local channels.

I assume "channel 107" was mapped down from the 129° feed. I'll go through the four digit channel numbers and see if I'm getting another instance of Comedy Central HD coming in from 61.5°.

Early this morning I checked Comedy Central. They were playing some movie with, I think, Ray Liotta. I didn't watch it long at all since the image was 2.39:1 letter-boxed in a SD pillar-boxed frame. Yuck. It's totally lame for any HD network to do that even though I see that kind of garbage all the time.

Odd I figured the artifacts would be more on 61.5 since they have less bandwidth there than 129 for that transponder. Why? Take a look:

61.5 TP 27 - QPSK - 30 megabit - 7 HD channels.

129 TP 28 - 8PSK - 40 megabit - 6 HD channels.

Odd I figured the artifacts would be more on 61.5 since they have less bandwidth there than 129 for that transponder. Why? Take a look:

61.5 TP 27 - QPSK - 30 megabit - 7 HD channels.

129 TP 28 - 8PSK - 40 megabit - 6 HD channels.

These aren't bandwidth artifacts, looks like there is either a problem with the feed Dish is getting or with their MPEG4 encoder.

Sling Guide

The new HD channels have not shown up in my Sling Guide yet. Has anyone seen them in theirs yet or will this take another week to get sync'd up?

I'd love an answer to this as well...I recently downgraded from the Everything packto TurboHD Gold w/ Platinum and dont see Fox, Nick, MTV or VH1. This doesn't make sense to me for Dish to withhold HD channels from an all-HD programming subscription. :mad:
Maybe they consider it a downgrade in channels being provided as well, :mad:

That's too bad - but thanks for the update. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts