40.5w Reception NSS806

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Se09

Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
NY
Hi Guys, i'm looking to install a dedicated dish for this bird in the NJ area. I wanted to know if anyone had experience with NSS806 and the performances of dish sizes with it. i am looking at installing a fixed 2.4 solid. but i need reliable reception so may need to look at a 3m. though i don't want the extra costs if i can avoid them.

does anyone else use this bird often? or can advise me on what sort of reception they get on their BUD?

I'm using a 4' 1/2 dish in the Carribean with approx. 150 channels. Most of them are in spanish. Among them are 2 BLOOMBERGS, like 10 or so of US Voice of America, Life design TV (DVB S2 AAc audio). Spanish channels from venezuela, Santo domingo, colombia, honduras, peru and cuba. You need to use a C band LNB using the internal DIELECTRIC plate. For some reason I usually get more channels using a SINGLE output LNB than a Double output. In my case I need to use the blue conical ring around the lnb instead of the regular tan color.

I expect a 2.4m would catch most of what is on NSS 806 in NJ as long as your feed is fairly good, loss-wise. I'm in Colorado and use a very low loss circular feed on a 3m. Everything locks fine. I did a quick try of this on my 2.3m, but decided the 3m would be better as some of my CNRs were a little low. However (1) I didn't spend a lot of time tweaking the 2.3m because I really wanted to use it for something else (2) I believe the NSS 806 power level is lower in Colorado than NJ and (3) NSS 806 is at about a 10 degree elevation here, which means I'm picking up a lot more thermal noise from the earth than you would. Safe = 3m + low loss feed (expensive). Slightly risky (may lose some channels) = 2.4m + generic LNBF + dielectric plate. I would stay away from a rotor feed if you use the 2.4m.

This thread is a few months old, but along the lines of what i am doing
I argued with my dish with a fervor usually reserved for my wife :) but i could not get in tp 3716 r 13235.
Is anyone getting that tp and what size dish?
Thanks
Kodaz

I'm using a 6 footer in Puerto Rico and sometimes I get them with too many pixls. Usually I wait after afternoons coming the night and signal gets better. I'm using a C Band LNB with the Dielectrac inside in a Horizontal position and a blue conical ring with an Openbox. I get them at 3717 H 13234

I am using a 2.4m mash dish on NSS 806 with the Chaparral C/KU International feedhorne and the reception is super i am in Maryland.

OK, if R=V then H=L, so you need L rather than R
N'est pas?

I usually used the opposite: R= Horizontal, L= Vertical. Using the LNB directly to the box or using a Diseqc swith will automatically download both polarities.

DK,
is that including tp 3717 H 13234 ?

Carlospr,
I am confused about something, why do we use the Dielectrac inside in a Horizontal position ? I thought we set the lnb up on a linear bird and then stuck the plate in for the circulars. If my dish was set to true south, the plate would not be horizontal at that point. Is true south the point at which i need to turn the lnb so the plate is horizontal?
it did work to change plate position and then v to h to match. boggles my mind that i could not pull that one in with the plate the other way. i did get many of them as they were listed in lyngsat before i changed the plate. i simply deleted them and rescanned. from behind the dish, the plate now looks vertical .

Thanks for the help

On Fr 3717 H 13234 MGM channels i am getting Signal 90 and Quality 75 with a Coolsat 4000 receiver.

The Chaparral C/KU International feedhorne has the Dielectric plate built in from the factory

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)