40 foot tower and 10 foot dish

tom h

Original poster
Sep 11, 2021
Hortense Ga
I fig I need a 40 foot tower for a tv ant and a 10 foot C Band dish maybe 2 and 3 ku band dishes then I be ok .I feel better than worrying about cable or other .There getting to costly .

Reactions: c-spand
Just don't try to put the 10 foot dish at the top of a 40 foot tower...
Oh no not going to do that .Will use the tower for over the air tv and the dishes for other things . A lot of the tv stations show about the same things any way and there free . But in my case I'm 65 miles from Jacksonville and 100 miles from sav so I need a tower for tv.

Oh no not going to do that .Will use the tower for over the air tv and the dishes for other things . A lot of the tv stations show about the same things any way and there free . But in my case I'm 65 miles from Jacksonville and 100 miles from sav so I need a tower for tv.
I saw on Facebook market place someone selling a large fold out dish on a trailer I think it was a 18 foot size dish .

Have you ran this report to see how the reception is in your area?

Reactions: FTA4PA
Before you spend all that time and money to put up a 40foot tower and such, run a report at your exact house cordinates at this link, and post the results link here. That way we can see if even a 40 foot tower is workable: RabbitEars.Info

Florida is flat so tower placement shouldn't be a big issue.
I lived close to Inverness with a 20ft tower and got Tampa stations very good as well as others with a rotator.
Not like where I live now in NC PA. where 10ft one way or another makes a difference on exactly where you pour the base.

Florida is flat so tower placement shouldn't be a big issue.
I lived close to Inverness with a 20ft tower and got Tampa stations very good as well as others with a rotator.
Not like where I live now in NC PA. where 10ft one way or another makes a difference on exactly where you pour the base.
The point being 40ft towers can be very expensive to install, especially if he pays for brand new and installed by a company. He may not even need one, OR, in some cases even a 40ft tower wouldn't do the job.

The point being 40ft towers can be very expensive to install, especially if he pays for brand new and installed by a company. He may not even need one, OR, in some cases even a 40ft tower wouldn't do the job.
I know. I was supposed to pull a permit. Living in the sticks kinda nixed that! I pawn shopped a safety belt and tiged a jib boom. The Rohn sections were used. I could have just hoisted them up and stacked them by brute force after I started. It's Florida. Ground that sucker, but good!

Reactions: primestar31
saves the money .If you got alot of room for it . you can get two used c band 10fter for cheap and a 4ft ku dish. Other things you need is dish mover and AMIKO MINI 4K.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts