42 23 16 15 8 4

And its an island that NO ONE knows exists, and isn't on any nautical charts??

Are we certain this is the case? My impression is not that its an uncharted island, but one that is instead privately owned, and thus generally ignored by the rest of the world. After all, I can look at a map and see tons and tons of pacific islands, but don't suddenly suspect they are uncharted and nobody knows what happens on each of them.

Last edited:
And its an island that NO ONE knows exists, and isn't on any nautical charts??

Are we certain this is the case? My impression is not that its an uncharted island, but one that is instead privately owned, and thus generally ignored by the rest of the world. After all, I can look at a map and see tons and tons of pacific islands, but don't suddenly suspect they are uncharted and nobody knows what happens on each of them.

It is a pretty big island to be privately known and just ignored.

True but when i saw the others and they have a book club! All the stuff they have! I need more answers quick fast and in a hurry! Yea yea i know this is lost and the show will be canceled before we get all the answers!

True but when i saw the others and they have a book club! All the stuff they have! I need more answers quick fast and in a hurry! Yea yea i know this is lost and the show will be canceled before we get all the answers!

And we'll have forgotten ALL THE QUESTIONS after a twelve week hiatus. :(

Yup, ABC is sadly learning from Sci Fi.

They are actually even worse. SciFi at least breaks the season at the halfway point. We've only had 6 episodes (out of 22) of Lost thus far. I don't understand why they didn't just start the season in January and run it straight through.

When does the 12 week break start?

Last night's show was the last till February.

Last edited:
ABC is trying to "woo" LOST fans during the long Hiatus...

from Zap2it:

Wednesday will be the first week for "Lost" fans without a new episode this season, but ABC is offering up some teases of what's to come in hopes that they'll stick around.

Starting with the two-hour premiere of "Day Break" -- which is scheduled to occupy "Lost's" 9 p.m. Wednesday timeslot for the next three months -- the network will air teasers from upcoming episodes each week. ABC is calling them "Lost Moments"; each will run 30 seconds during that week's broadcast of "Day Break."

The clips will also show up on the "Lost" page at ABC.com the day after they air. ABC is also keeping the season's first six episodes online throughout the hiatus to allow viewers to refresh their memories or catch up on the series.

Additionally, the network has added a "Lost" wiki to the show's site, asking fans to contribute material on the show's characters and mythology, offer theories about what's going on and share their fan films, spoofs and other content. (There's also has a link to unofficial but exhaustive Lostpedia.)

The hiatus will continue a little longer... actually ONE HOUR longer. LOST is now slated for the 10pm Eastern time slot.

From Zap2it:

ABC has had trouble the past two seasons finding a show that will retain a good percentage of the audience from "Lost." Come February, that will no longer be a problem.

The network has decided to move "Lost" to the 10 p.m. ET timeslot on Wednesdays, starting with its return from hiatus on Feb. 7. That should make ABC affiliates happy, as they'll have a much better lead-in for their local newscasts, and it's likely to give ABC's prime-time ratings a substantial boost in that hour.

ABC will try out a comedy block on the rest of the night. Starting Jan. 3, back-to-back episodes of veteran sitcom "According to Jim" will fill the 8 p.m. hour, followed by the premieres of two new shows, "The Knights of Prosperity" and "In Case of Emergency." "George Lopez" will join the lineup at 8 p.m. Jan. 24, bumping "Jim" back to 8:30.

The changes could spell an early end to "Day Break," the show that replaced "Lost" in the 9 p.m. Wednesday spot last month. It was scheduled to run for 12 weeks straight during "Lost's" hiatus, but it will have aired no more than eight epsiodes (including the two-hour premiere) before the new comedies debut. ABC hasn't said anything about the fate of the series.

In addition to addressing its 10 p.m. problems on Wednesdays, ABC's move also gets "Lost" out of what will be a brutally competitive timeslot starting in January. "American Idol" will take up residence there starting Jan. 17, and CBS' "Criminal Minds," which beat "Lost" head-to-head a couple of times this fall, will get a boost from a post-Super Bowl airing the week before "Lost" returns.

"Lost" is still a pretty big hit for ABC -- it averaged 17.8 million viewers per week in its fall run and is a top-five show among the adults 18-49 that advertisers adore. Still, its total audience was down by better than 2 million viewers compared to its first six episodes last season, so moving it to a less cutthroat time period -- it will air opposite CBS' "CSI: NY" and NBC's "Medium" -- makes some sense.

The bad news, of course, is that the two new comedies will have to fend for themselves against "Idol" and "Criminal Minds."

"The Knights of Prosperity," whose premiere date was pushed back from October, stars Donal Logue ("Grounded for Life") as a sad-sack janitor who organizes a group of very amateur thieves to rob the palatial apartment of Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger (who has a cameo in the pilot). "In Case of Emergency" features David Arquette, Kelly Hu, Jonathan Silverman and Greg Germann as former high-school classmates whose lives didn't quite turn out as they planned.

The Wednesday shakeup also means ABC will move its game show "Show Me the Money" to 8 p.m. Tuesdays starting Jan. 2. There's no word on when or where -- or if -- "The Nine," which had the 10 p.m. Wednesday slot in the fall, will return.

ABC Names Midseason Premiere Dates, Moves 'Lost'

December 5, 2006

By James Hibberd
ABC announced premiere dates for its two midseason comedies, as well as a time-shift for one of its keystone dramas.
Story continues below...

The network will debut "The Knights of Prosperity" (originally titled "Let's Rob…") and "In Case of Emergency" at 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., respectively, on Wednesday, Jan. 3.

That means when 9 p.m. Wednesday drama "Lost" returns Feb. 7, it will slide into a new time slot, Wednesdays at 10 p.m.

Last week, ABC won the November sweeps for the first time in seven years among adults 18 to 49 and is seeking to maintain its momentum going into the more difficult spring season.

"Knights," which was pushed from the fall slate, concerns a gang of new-age Robin Hoods. "Emergency" follows four former high school friends who find themselves under the care of the same doctor.

Source: Tvweek.com

December 5, 2006

By James Hibberd
ABC announced premiere dates for its two midseason comedies, as well as a time-shift for one of its keystone dramas.
Story continues below...

The network will debut "The Knights of Prosperity" (originally titled "Let's Rob…") and "In Case of Emergency" at 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., respectively, on Wednesday, Jan. 3.

That means when 9 p.m. Wednesday drama "Lost" returns Feb. 7, it will slide into a new time slot, Wednesdays at 10 p.m.

Last week, ABC won the November sweeps for the first time in seven years among adults 18 to 49 and is seeking to maintain its momentum going into the more difficult spring season.

"Knights," which was pushed from the fall slate, concerns a gang of new-age Robin Hoods. "Emergency" follows four former high school friends who find themselves under the care of the same doctor.

Source: Tvweek.com

Beat ya to it. See http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=743221&postcount=76

:D :D :D :D

Knights of Prosperity

The previews for this look funny, but the white-trash Ocean's 11 premise doesn't strike me as being particularly compelling, and the show is going to have one heck of a time competing against what has become the powerhouse of Criminal Minds on the Eye.

The thing that gets me is how unoriginal hollywood is; first we have 24 meets Groundhog day on ABC, and now Oceans11 meets the cable guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)