$499 or $0

lowepc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2004
I ordered Voom 3/3/04 went with the purchase price of $499. I'm wondering now if I made a bad choice? At the price of 9.50 a month it would take almost 4 1/2 years to get $499. Should I try to change to the lease program or stick with what I have? I haven't been charged anything yet; installation is set for tomorrow. :confused:

When you buy for $499 you get free programming right? Add that to the cost and see if it is worth it to you.

Bill

Waiting for PVR

I leased, figuring I'd do a purchase when the PVR unit comes out.

I know, they "say" they will "buy back" standard receivers or offer some form of discount, but as my lawyer says, if it ain't in writing, it don't mean squat.

PVR will be out later this year, so my calculation is:

6 to 9 months @ $9.99. I can deal with that. If I'm wrong, I'm out less than $100.

I still pay $39.90 a month for programming. It only costs $399 at Sears :shocked. I'm going to call Voom on that one.

Go for the $0 down. Chances are you'll want to upgrade to a newer and better STB when it becomes available. Why get stuck with a $500 brick?

Bill

I called Sears and asked how much they are charging for Voom, get this, the guy said $750. I guess up here in Maine they didn't get the memo.

Has anyone actually paid $399 at Sears? Is anyone getting free programming that bought Voom after the price drop? Just want to get my facts straight before I call Voom :D .

I think I got it :eureka . To get the $399 and free programming deal I need to: 1) Go to Sears buy the $50 Voom card. 2) Wait for it to get into the system. 3) Call Voom back. :yikes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts