4D model 920 compatibility with W5 Packages?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
Greetings (Again!)

Have a chance to add a 920 inexpensively to my roster. (already using 922 on Birdview very happily) but curious about compatibility of the W5 Programming packagers' offerings to the older model. I read somewhere long ago that the 920 had some compatibility issues with certain channels. Maybe the bit rates or similar? Not sure of battery condition or similar. Seller wants around $40 for receiver/remote.

Thanks for any help that you can lend! Would be fun to use this on my 2nd Birdview solid, if nothing more than as a mover for it when adding FTA!

-Jim
(The guy with Birdview wired to a classic aluminum Avion RV!!)

Greetings (Again!)

Have a chance to add a 920 inexpensively to my roster. (already using 922 on Birdview very happily) but curious about compatibility of the W5 Programming packagers' offerings to the older model. I read somewhere long ago that the 920 had some compatibility issues with certain channels. Maybe the bit rates or similar? Not sure of battery condition or similar. Seller wants around $40 for receiver/remote.

Thanks for any help that you can lend! Would be fun to use this on my 2nd Birdview solid, if nothing more than as a mover for it when adding FTA!

-Jim
(The guy with Birdview wired to a classic aluminum Avion RV!!)

As long as the SR is either 19510 or 29270 non mega-pipe the receiver will work fine.

Thank you SO much!

Now I have reason to resurrect the second BV dish and drive.
Thanks, all. Much appreciated! Will read-up on the 920's as well.

One other thing..

Read most of the posts on replacing batteries in the 920's and 922's. But, if I take my 922 remote over to the seller's place, is there any way to see if the battery is still good in the 920 before buying? (via the front panel responding, or do I need a TV hooked up?) Price is right for a working unit, not sure what to do if battery is already shot. Might also be getting mesh dish in the deal with actuator, good condition for friend or trading stock.

Thoughts always welcomed...and by the way, (sidebar) this site has probably the most polite forum I've ever been part of or regularly read. Thank you to the operators and moderators.

Read most of the posts on replacing batteries in the 920's and 922's. But, if I take my 922 remote over to the seller's place, is there any way to see if the battery is still good in the 920 before buying? (via the front panel responding, or do I need a TV hooked up?) Price is right for a working unit, not sure what to do if battery is already shot. Might also be getting mesh dish in the deal with actuator, good condition for friend or trading stock.

Thoughts always welcomed...and by the way, (sidebar) this site has probably the most polite forum I've ever been part of or regularly read. Thank you to the operators and moderators.

If it displays a "1" after it goes through warm up, 12:00 and front power "on" switch is pushed be cautious and hook it up to a tv and verify unit id
is intact.
I own a dead one and this is what it does.

Need a TV connected.
Power up the receiver, after Warm Up, Option, 6, 5 (I think) the 1st or 2nd ID number should match the sticker on the back.

What Lak said.
2nd line Id must match number on top left rear of receiver,
AND the 1st line ID must start with 0012xxxxx. Any other numbers in those places and the receiver has already had problems.

After the battery dies the 0012XXXXXX numbers will change and the unit will need a new motherboard (no longer available).

You can call NPS and they will verify if the unit ID (1st line 0012 ...) is valid , once you have it. But Video hookup is needed 1st.

How critical is that battery? If you put an aging 922 on a UPS and left it powered up all the time do u think it could help prevent any issues with the battery?

A UPS will help keep things stable. I use one, actually I think all 4DTV's should be on a UPS, just too sensitive. If your battery died you loose your unit ID and you have a boat anchor for digital channels. If you keep the 922 plugged in and in a cooler environment you should get 10 years or more out of the battery. VC2 was the same. My Vc 2 module is still in my 922 (for freebees when there) its 17 years old and still has its unit ID. It was always plugged in and was in a 65 to 75 degree environment. Heat and having the unit unplugged are the killers of the battery.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts