4dtv 920 help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

elam budmore

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
sheboygan falls wi
I have a 920 reciever,that i bought on ebay from halfway across the country am hooking it to a dish that it has not been hooked up to before, and this dish i believe has the correct angles and such for the location. my problem is, i need to have the reciever locate the satilites, at this point the reciever does not know the limits of the dish, and it seems i need to give the reciever a staring point to automaticly locate the satilites and i have no subscriptin to anything. can anyone point me in a direction ad where to fine info to get me started? it seems like a catch 22, i need to find a starting point so that it can find the satilites, but i need to have some sort of subscription to find a starting point??

There are some analog channels on some sats that might make it easier to find out where you are. I'd try G1-11 @133W first as that's likely the last satellite that receiver was on before it was disconnected. Then to C3-7 @131W and G4-16 @99W just to name a few. Once you get those programmed in it will help you with the rest. I do believe that I'd delete all the sat locations that are in there now as they're probably NOT going to match what this dish actuator is going to tell you now. Start with a clean slate and IMHO it will make life much easier putting satellites back in.

Once you find a couple it will be much easier to find more as the receiver will "kinda" calculate where new sats are suppose to be according to counts between sats. Just remember that as you go up in the arc the count number for 1 degree increments will change and get smaller. On my 920 counts for 1 degree is 17 not far from the arm being all the way in but out at max length that number changes drastically down to around 6 or 7 per degree. Your mileage may vary!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)