Status
Please reply by conversation.

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
This is kind of a crossover question between C-band and FTA. What 4DTV satellite designation are you using for Galaxy 27 @ 129W (C & Ku)? I've tried just about everything in the book and still can't capture White Springs.

T7 was the old designation for that location but it moved to 121W (Intam-13). I'm using a DSR-922.

There is nothing there to get a fix on with a 4DTV. You can start at Galaxy 13, and while watching the Visionsat's meter, slowly drive the Dish to the West.
Use the Data TPs on that Sat, they are much stronger.
It doesn't matter what Tile you use, any of the extras will work, just something to hold position.

I get a very strong signal (85+ quality) from the data TP's but can not get a lock on White Springs.

I have it, not sure what tile I use, not like it matters, how is your quality on G-18 ku-band? are you sure your dish is tracking good.

I use X9 to get the 4dtv to stop at 129, then with the way I've got mine split/slaved, my DVB receiver will get the C-Band and/or Ku-Band, so I'm good to go. It doesn't matter that the slot being used in the 4dtv is a ku slot, because the split/slave will get either from the slot. Of course it's been a while since I've seen anything on the C-Band side of G27? A couple of years ago, the Orioles and Mets had occasional backhauls on it. And I think NHK or some other Japan network was parked there for a while, but it's been long gone as well.

I get a very strong signal (85+ quality) from the data TP's but can not get a lock on White Springs.
I know my receiver takes a few seconds to lock it, low SR.
Are you blind scanning or have you entered the TP info?
Have you tryied adjusting the skew?

I have it, not sure what tile I use, not like it matters, how is your quality on G-18 ku-band? are you sure your dish is tracking good.

G18 at 123W is a little off the track for this situation but I have successfully scanned every TP shown for G18 on Lyngsat.

At 131W (AMC11) Quality = 94% Ku, 91% FTA
At 129W (Galaxy 27) Quality for data stream = 88%
At 127W (Galaxy 13) Quality = 86% Ku, 92% FTA

As you can see the birds on either side have high quality signal as do the data streams on the bird in question but still no White Springs. Even with the pids programmed into the TP there is no signal pickup. I have successfully scanned in virtually everything from 139W to 72W that appears on Lyngsat. This one feed is the only holdout and I'm at a loss to figure it out. :what

Could some of you guys post the exact pids your TP for White Springs shows?

WSTV pids

I got a .90M primestar pointed at it now, the PIDS I have are
v4194 a4195 p4194 on my viewsat, but the sound doesn't come out all the speakers thru the Yamaha home theater amp. Anyway, its 11964 H SR2920 1/2FEC
had to enter all that manually b/c this viewsat is useless below SR of about 3700 doing blind scan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)