4DTV Area merged with C-Band area

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Only thing I will and can say is you got to love DMCA...

DMCA! Wasn't that a Village People song??? :D

Seriously, what does the DMCA laws have to do with combining the 4DTV forum??? :confused:

:sorry: Sorry for adding pizza here,

BUT then why is there a Dish Network forum AND a Directv forum??? :confused:

Do the forum changes have to do with money???

Last edited:
DMCA! Wasn't that a Village People song??? :D

Seriously, what does the DMCA laws have to do with combining the 4DTV forum??? :confused:

:sorry: Sorry for adding pizza here,

BUT then why is there a Dish Network forum AND a Directv forum??? :confused:

Do the forum changes have to do with money???

I think the 4DTV section was dead. Every time a question about 4DTV was asked, a comparison to "Pizza" or in other words "Pizza Bashing" occurred.

I see that Direct & Dish are alive & strong and they don't trash other forums.

To me, although I'm a fairly new member, was almost afraid to ask or comment in the 4DTV section anymore in fear it would lead to Pizza Bashing.

Plus I see more activity in the C-Band section anyway.

One of the last threads in the 4d section was about the old HD decoder for C-Band and it turned into a Pizza Bashing contest.

So all I've done is to save this link to my Toolbar and deleted the 4DTV link.

WHERE IS THE C-BAND AREA?????????????????? I GO OUT FOR A WEEK TO FIGHT WILD FIRE AND COME BACK TO BUNCH FIGHTING ABOUT 4DDDT..................................... I KNOW THE FIRE ARE OUR ENEMY BUT THIS IS STUPID.

YES!!! I am shouting.

No fighting here, just trying to enjoy satellite TV and the info on this website!

We got questions, no one has got answers for us 4DTVers! ;)

I think the 4DTV section was dead. Every time a question about 4DTV was asked, a comparison to "Pizza" or in other words "Pizza Bashing" occurred.

I am pretty sure that car websites have Fords leaking into the Chevy area and vice versa and along with who is "better"! ;)

We just need to be civilized about it! :)

When I joined, it was integrated with C-band stuff, as I recall.
For a newbie, that was a little confusing, but I managed.
And it was MUCH more active and relevant back then.

When it went separate, I worried that some posts which were more general C-band/hardware related, got lost in the 4D department.
So, I tried to read both, to learn as much as possible.

Today, there's not much going on.
So, both pay-service HITS, and FTA on Digicipher hardware, should integrate nicely with C-band talk.
In fact, the combining may even help the interest in Digicipher equipment; never know! - :up

OH, and making the topics of every thread more CLEAR, is always helpful too!
(getting to be one of my pet peeves: meaningless thread titles! )
no, not this one - all of 'em! ;)

very well put :)

I see that quite a bit of good 4D related information was removed with the merging.

shouldnt have been. When forums are merged it is just that...merged

This is sad that pressure from outside sources caused this. I hope those who who pushed so much for this are happy.
yep thats what it was. Charlie gave Scott a buck and said "I dont want a 4DTV area here anymore"...... :rolleyes:

Seriously? Put down the kool aid. As I posted before back in the spring it was talked about merging the 2 forums back together due to threads being put in the wrong area and also 4DTV isnt what it was back 2 years ago when the forum was split off. But Scott said lets wait because there were still changes going on with 4DTV. Now there hasnt been anything new honestly programming wise (either adding or removing) and its been in a lull. So it looks like Scott merged them back. As anole said maybe it would generate some more interest.

But like usual you blame everything else on "outside sources" and "DBS"

and whats ironic is in most threads its the "hard core 4DTV'ers" who bring it up.....interesting

I see that Direct & Dish are alive & strong and they don't trash other forums.
actually there is some of that too.

To me, although I'm a fairly new member, was almost afraid to ask or comment in the 4DTV section anymore in fear it would lead to Pizza Bashing.
yep and its sad actually. You look at recent threads that turned into that and its ironic that the 4DTV "hardcore" ones are the ones who bring it up.

Plus I see more activity in the C-Band section anyway.
yep

One of the last threads in the 4d section was about the old HD decoder for C-Band and it turned into a Pizza Bashing contest.

yep. And if you read the thread its ironic who brought up DBS in the first place :eek:

2 separate systems. Comparing DBS to C-Band/4DTV is just insane.

nope. Like I say it was something talked about months ago

4DTV is currently on C band but there are different receivers and other info.
Directv and Dish are DBS and have different receivers and such.
It is easy to go to Dish for Dish, Directv for Directv and it was easy to go to 4DTV for 4DTV!
Why not combine the DBS stuff too???
My file cabinet has a lot of folders and some get more use but I do not throw the
less used ones away because they contain valuble info and the extra folders make it
easier to find just like the different forums here help to access satellite info!

and whats ironic is in most threads its the "hard core 4DTV'ers" who bring it up.....interesting

It could be that a lot of 4DTVers are former pizza customers that has been screwed

by pizza shop business practices. (That includes me! :eek:) They could be venting

frustration and/or just trying to help others think before making a choice and avoid

the same issues. ;)

I won't be helping out much here if any anymore after what transpired. I believe it a direct attack on the big dish, 4DTV, MM etc. If anyone needs my wealth of knowledge on things we used to be able to talk about here. You can always Google me to find where I can help you.

I would like to see a copy of this DMCA letter if there is one and who it was sent from on the company letterhead if it is possible. But I won't hold my breath if it's never shown.

Last edited:
I won't be helping out much here if any anymore after what transpired. I believe it a direct attack on the big dish, 4DTV, MM etc. If anyone needs my wealth of knowledge on things we used to be able to talk about here. You can always Google me to find where I can help you.

I would like to see a copy of this DCMA letter if there is one and who it was sent from on the company letterhead if it is possible. But I won't hold my breath if it's never shown.

I don't know if you need permission to use a company logo or not? But, your site is loaded with them!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts