4dtv automatic downloads (firmware not maps)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gardo403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
S.E. Wisconsin
So I was at radio shack in a hick town in the middle of Wisconsin.. I needed some rg6 cable, well i Figured they would have it.. They also had a stainless and a mesh dish out back.:D

Anywhays they had a lot of old electronics on the selves Beta vcr's tube tv's, you get the idea......

I started to think.. ok, where are the analog and/ or 4dtv receivers that are hooked up the these dishes?
after a little poking around the store.. there it was>>> a GI 922 still hooked up and pluged in.. So I offer the store 50 bucks for it:) Great its mine remote and all.

Now at home, plugged it in

unit ID is good. :)

Got a DC green light :)

One thing that is weird..... I have LNBF (not a polarizer) when unit is set for "cband lnbf" It always puts out 20 volts. which gives me only horizontal not vertical ???

I was thinking this might be a firmware thing.

version is 000000A4 and target is EC

how does one get it to Download and install to EC?

Im looking at some old post talking about EC coming out in 2003! Could this have been out of the data stream the whole time!!!! Wow! I did notice every thing was at default settings, like after a Masters reset....

In the past GI then Motorola sent out the update during the night during guide update. I really doubt that it's sent anymore especially with the shutdown couple months away. I don't think the A4 firmware is the problem, there's something else going on. Heck the early firmware can be your friend since it don't contain the ratings bug that EC has. If I was in your shoes I would toss up a polorotor and LNB and enjoy. At $50.00 that receiver with that firmware was a steal IMHO.

Ok thanks for clearing that up... I'll stop leaving it on G1-3 then! I kinda thought that the update was long out of the stream...

Status
Please reply by conversation.