4DTV Blues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chevyman36

Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
My father in law has upgraded to a Motorola 922, because he wants to see Fox news and since it went to digital he hasnt seen it. I am not to familiar with the big dish stuff but im learning now. I have installed the 922 found G1 with the Shop NBC and EWTN crystal clear. Also put in G5 with TBS TNT and CNN.
All are perfect. But I cannot find Fox News On G3. He doesnt have many subscription channels so I dont have much to work with. He has called NPS and ordered Fox News and they have hit the reciever. Can you help me. Fox is the only digital channel he has that I know of . Is there somthing Im missing not to get the digital channel? I have spent many hours bumping the dish 1 number each direction and adjusting H and V scew since I understand the digital channels are harder to find. But no luck Please help :confused:

when on G3 does the DC light come on ? did NPS tell you to tune to a certain channel when they hit ?
did you try g3 channel 581 ?

:welcome to the group

I don't have a dsr-922 but I do have a dsr-905 sidecar. I think you could go to G5 which is at 125 degrees West. Lock it with a channel. Then go to G3 even though your dish will not move to it.

Get the channel up and it will say "searching for channel" or something like that.

Use the right arrow remote button to pull up signal quality meter (counter) top right of the screen. Disregard the signal level meter.

Use the east button and move the dish until you see the green dc light and the quality number jump. You may be able to find it that way.

Be sure your dish limits are set so you don't take a chance dumping the dish on the east.

Just find the arts channel on G1-5 and then check G1-3 for a digital lock light being on ( green light) and if so go back to channel 5 and key in option 6-4-4 and pick G1 satellite. You should be able to move the disk position a few clicks and hit return, should see a option under save setting which is "adjust all satellite" position..selecting this will then set receiver to other satellite positions. Just be sure that when you select G3 or any satellite that you pick #1 which is move the dish . This should get you near the satellite, change to channel 581 and do a autopeak dish #3 option.
You can also go online and do a rehit from NPS, just make sure your on G1-3 for the rehit to work...go to option 6-4-5 and watch the trip counter to increase.
Check satellite GB601 which is free for a digital picture...the other problem you may have is a dish out of adjustment for getting the digital signal from the eastern satellites.

Has the receiver been authorized for digital? if you go to G1-150 or G5-100 hit exit and a arrow button what is your quality? also what does the screen read when you go to these channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)