4DTV Channel List

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr.silverado

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
I recently picked up a DSR922 receiver for 4DTV. I am able to pick up the analog channels, but have not had a lot of luck with the free digipher 2 channels listed on Lyngsat. I was able to pick up the showtime west channels for 1 day on G0, but the next day, it said I required a subscription. Is there a list available of all the channels I should be able to get without subscribing for the last 2 1/2 months? I did speak to someone at Skyvision who said that after Dec. 31st, the DSR922 may be modified to pick up the W5 channels for the 410 system. Any advice would be appreciated.

mr.silverado

You can do one of two things (and/or both) to get free DCII channels:
1. Go to Skyvision's webb site. At one time, they had a list of those channels and where the channels are located..
2. Call SRL and ask for a hit on your 922 since you just recently got it. The hit will activate those free DCII channels. Be sure to look at your trip counter before calling so you can notice the changes in the number of channels. Then surf the satellites and the channels should show up.

Thanks. I printed off a channel list already from Skyvision. I did call them, and they said I needed to subscribe to some channels. Who is SRL and how do I get a hold of them? I did a search, and only came up with Programming Center for 4DTV. Is this who I would call?

mr.silverado

...Who is SRL and how do I get a hold of them? I did a search, and only came up with Programming Center for 4DTV. Is this who I would call?

Yes, that's them. If you google "SRL C-band", they will be the top result... or at least, they are today.

Cheers

I called and they did a hit, but the counter never changed. It showed 25 before the hit and 25 after the hit. I don't know if I need to do something else or not.

I recently picked up a DSR922 receiver for 4DTV. I am able to pick up the analog channels, but have not had a lot of luck with the free digipher 2 channels listed on Lyngsat. I was able to pick up the showtime west channels for 1 day on G0, but the next day, it said I required a subscription. Is there a list available of all the channels I should be able to get without subscribing for the last 2 1/2 months? I did speak to someone at Skyvision who said that after Dec. 31st, the DSR922 may be modified to pick up the W5 channels for the 410 system. Any advice would be appreciated.

mr.silverado

The only DCII feeds that I know of that are always ITC are the NETV (Nebraska Educational TV) on the 4DTV T4 satellite.

Does it do any good to buy programming now? NPS says that Motorola owns the encryption for all C-Band and it's gone by 12/31.

The only DCII feeds that I know of that are always ITC are the NETV (Nebraska Educational TV) on the 4DTV T4 satellite.

Guys, I Know it's annoying... but for us newbies the acronyms (like ITC) are Greek to us. I think ITC means "in the clear" ? This poster that just purchased a 922 seems a bit new like me as well. I know I am an annoying newbie, but many of us are out there :) please understand

Last edited:
Does it do any good to buy programming now? NPS says that Motorola owns the encryption for all C-Band and it's gone by 12/31.

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard considering the majority of encryptian on C-Band is Scientific-Atlanta's PowerVu, not Motorola's Digiciper II.

mr.silverado

There are several In The Clear Digiciper II channels.

Go though this list and look for Digicipher in the far right column.

Free TV from United States - LyngSat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts