Status
Please reply by conversation.

chefwan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
South Carolina
HELP!! 4dtv dsr920 ?

friend of mine has a dsr-920 he said it was fine one minute his dad cut it off the next minute. the picture is all messed up as in it looks like pixels all over it and starts dancing around up and down on his tv. he checked his TV it wasnt that so he said he cut it off and cut it back on it clears up a little then it starts again? anyone got an idea what it could be it looks like its going up and down on the screen then pixels alot if anyone can help thanks

Last edited:
dsr-920

friend of mine has a dsr-920 he said it was fine one minute his dad cut it off the next minute. the picture is all messed up as in it looks like pixels all over it and starts dancing around up and down on his tv. he checked his TV it wasnt that so he said he cut it off and cut it back on it clears up a little then it starts again? anyone got an idea what it could be it looks like its going up and down on the screen then pixels alot if anyone can help thanks
I don't know much about them yet Steve. Good Luck!

Tom

:D

sounds like a couple things. I would check cabling and ends. I guess the first thing I would try is to go into a menu and see what it does. If it acts wacky, then it could be the box. If the menus pull up fine then start with cable ends, splits in cable, even out to the LNB. Do you know how old the LNB is?

sounds like a couple things. I would check cabling and ends. I guess the first thing I would try is to go into a menu and see what it does. If it acts wacky, then it could be the box. If the menus pull up fine then start with cable ends, splits in cable, even out to the LNB. Do you know how old the LNB is?

Iceberg, he said he recalls when he went into the menu. that it did the same thing it's just doing crazy things he said the battery was replaced. so it isnt gone bad. i dont know he said he's bought new cables back when he messed with he gave up on it and i was going to get it from him.

maybe a cable isnt hooked up properly from the TV to the reciever...sounds goofy but very possible ;)

i think i read a thread here somewhere ( in this forum) where someone had the same problem. i do think it was on the board (hardware related) video sync probably going out or something like that . i will search the threads and paste it in when i fine it.

so with that said unless you have a good feel for electronics its probably a lost cause ( but try all the options anyway it could be something simple) I do know that linuxman said he had a couple of dead 920's so maybe you could piece together a working 920 with one of his bad ones and the one you have with a good battery on the board.

i think i read a thread here somewhere ( in this forum) where someone had the same problem. i do think it was on the board (hardware related) video sync probably going out or something like that . i will search the threads and paste it in when i fine it.

so with that said unless you have a good feel for electronics its probably a lost cause ( but try all the options anyway it could be something simple) I do know that linuxman said he had a couple of dead 920's so maybe you could piece together a working 920 with one of his bad ones and the one you have with a good battery on the board.

ok gabshere thanks man. im looking info up online also maybe we can find something thanks for looking buddy. im going to PM fred and see if he still has those dead 920's :D maybe i can use them for something?:D

well for searching today i have found nothing about a bad video sync. gabshere have you found anything? or anyone thanks alot guys. i've messed with it more it doesnt seem to get any better i dont know im confused.

hey larry. yes i've taken it out also. does the same sh*t im confused on it. really weird never seen one do this:cool:

as to what you sayed abouth the reciever, that unplugging the power and after a while turning it back on clears it up for a while until it warms up , that shows signs of some component in your reciever going out, I do not know your reciever but just to say , is there a fan inside thats bad or maybe what ever keeps it cool is dirty

i've seen nothing or no fan inside to keep it cool it has alot of vent holes on the top of the receiver. so i guess its just cooling it self by the air lol. no it seems like it just turns on doing it

as to what you sayed abouth the reciever, that unplugging the power and after a while turning it back on clears it up for a while until it warms up , that shows signs of some component in your reciever going out, I do not know your reciever but just to say , is there a fan inside thats bad or maybe what ever keeps it cool is dirty

Hang in there. My receiver is doing the same thing. I have tried everything and it is the same thing. Headaches! If you find anything out let me know My receiever is a 920 also. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)