4DTV IPG on Ku X4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
We need more people to test this out, you should be able to slave a already authorized 4dtv to a motorized dvb setup, kind of like the oppisite of what most 4dtv owners do now, you can sub to programming on 4dtv on Galaxy-4 (X4) using 430 for hits, this is great for those who want some a la carte or movie channels for a good price along with there dvb in the clear feeds.

It's just exciting that people have actually tried this successfully. I remember reading about this concept many months ago and most of the posts talked about how subscribing to X4 might work "in theory". Now that it's possible, and the word gets out that might send a message to the packagers to try and migrate things more toward Ku. Like you said, if it becomes available and you have the added value of DVB (even if it's a shared dish with two receivers) that would create a swell in the market.

To me the biggest single issue is the price of equipment. Maybe 4DTV packagers should offer discounts on 922's with some sort of programming contract.

Do I understand this correctly? I buy a 4DTV from Skyvision/whereever and can have NPS programming for just the ku band package w/o relying on the hit from c-band? Any packages include Showtime/TMC? Is that correct?

Do I understand this correctly? I buy a 4DTV from Skyvision/whereever and can have NPS programming for just the ku band package w/o relying on the hit from c-band? Any packages include Showtime/TMC? Is that correct?

You will need to get a 4dtv that was already authorized (used) for digital and has the maps loaded, not sure if Skyvision would do that on a new unit before they ship it?

When you get the 4dtv contact SRL:
http://www.programming-center.net/

Good time for it to:
http://www.sho.com/site/order/zipcodesearch.do?provider=-1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts