4DTV questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Post a Pic of the Diag Screen
Option, 6, 5

Also...
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why does my receiver skip over channels?
[/FONT]
[/FONT]When new channels are added they need to be mapped into your receivers memory. Do this by going to a Digicipher channel such as G1-3. Pull up the System Status screen(options, 6, 5) and check the channels in the bottom right corner. You should see the channel count go up within a few minutes if not, unplug the receiver for 20 seconds and try again. If the channels still are not changing after that check to see if the receivers memory is full. You can do that by pressing Options, 6, 0, 5. That will bring up a “Diagnostics A” screen. Press the right arrow key until you see “Diagnostics G”. On the top row fifth column to the right you will see a four digit code if it is 1920 your memory is full and you will have to do a master reset and re-program your receiver. To do a master reset you will need to press Options, 6, 7, 7, 8, 7 and then enter to confirm the reset.

Lak,

Here is a copy of my System Status screen (Options, 6, 4 on the 905.. Opt 6,5 is the sleep timer).. I saw on some site where the 905 doesn't have a channels box to look at. I've been on G1 3 for the past coouple of days... did the unplug trick, master reset, all of that and went back there... and it came back up with the same channels as before.

Also I have included the Diagnostics G screen My TDT count is at 882, so I shuld be good there.:

Attachments

• status11409.jpg
    status11409.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 138
  • diagnosticsG11409.jpg
    diagnosticsG11409.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 130
I just did a master reset again.. When I booted back up, I didn't have G1-3 to choose from.. In fact, my channel listing just showed ch 255... so I had to do the following

1. Set usable satellites.. (Choose all on the list)
2. Tuned the 905 to G1 channel 255 (only option)...red lite on box
3. manually went in and tuned the frequency in
4. options 6-7-7-8-1
5. set for 1390 freq, left polarity, s/r 19510 fec 3/4 and hit tune

got the green light now... so it should be DL'ing the channel maps..

I tried Authorization Reset also earilier... I just sat there saying "Waiting for Authorization stream" or something like that..

Will keep it here to see if I get anything different as far as maps

You can try a authorization reset, I think it's the same as a 920 and 922. Authorization reset options 6-0-5 hold 0 let go hold and repeat from start.

My 920 in paked on G1 trans 3, the DC lite is steady. It is not getting the guide, althought the date is correct. I called to get a small sub & read my receiver ID, as soon as I said 000, they said the board was bad. Is it worthwhile to replace the battery or is this gone?

Well, I called Motorola,and they said they don't do Tech Support on 905 receivers anymore.. They told me to call Skyvision (which charges a fee), so i dunno..

My unit id starts out with 000, but I converted to hex and it starts 0014 That's what I gave SPS when I signed up with them, and on the Rehit page, it says that the request successfully submitted.. So I don't think mines bad.. is it?

Just wondering if this reciever may be locked to something... It still maps those same channels, and doesn't map in any new sats like W5 in the memorize sats screen. If I would be able to see that (or see a free channel at least), I will feel a lot better about it.

Hey wait are you sure you gave them the right number?

The sticker on the back of 922 says 000-3180-49100-080 and it matches the Receiver Number on the screen
Maybe they wanted the Unit ID and you gave them the receiver number or somethin
What's you unit ID like?

Here's my stuff

Unit ID 00-12F5-0B4C-50
Receiver Number 000-3180-49100-080
Authorization Status ZK
Modem Tone
Modem Status On Hook
AGC -65dBm
Signal Quality 0/0
Current Version 000000EC
Target Version 0

The sticker on the back of 922 says 000-3180-49100-080 and it matches the Receiver Number on the screen
What's you unit ID like?

Here's my stuff

Unit ID 00-12F5-0B4C-50
Authorization Status ZK
Modem Tone
Modem Status On Hook
AGC -65dBm
Signal Quality 0/0
Current Version 000000EC
Target Version 0

Greg,

Here is how the 905 and the 922 compare (I think)

I only have a Unit ID on my 905# - XXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXX. I think that someone posted earilier in this thread that this has to be converted to HEX. SPS converted my unit id to HEX to get the real Unit ID which is used for programming.

922 has a unit ID and a reciever number... The unit ID is the HEX version of the reciever number... so if the numbers on the back sticker of your 4dtv match what is in the system status screen, I believe your OK.. just give the programming provider the Unit ID... If you have a 905, well, then you may have to convert your unit ID if it is in the 16 digit format listed above.

I have a sticker on the back that reads 000-03178-43334-180. Greg, I may have a lead on a Paraclipse 12 foot, w/o H2H, it is in Snohomish. Is that too far for you?

What's you unit ID like?

Here's my stuff

Unit ID 00-12F5-0B4C-50
Authorization Status ZK
Modem Tone
Modem Status On Hook
AGC -65dBm
Signal Quality 0/0
Current Version 000000EC
Target Version 0

This dish is fixed, the number on the sticker is not matching the receiver # in system status. I think it is gone. What is confusing is the sticker on the back that reads 000-03178-43334-180

SUCCESS! sort of..

Thanks Lak for the 91W/410 suggestion!

I hooked my 922 up, went to 91 west on the analog receiver, added GB to usable satellites, choose ch 410 and low and behold, color bars!!!! at least one of these units work!!!!! YES!!!

The other question... why won't this 905 download all the mappings!?!?!?

This is what I had to do after a factory reset: Set your dish on G1. Then in the 905 menu G1 won't be there. Set it to G0 (g zero) channel 5. Leave it there for 10-20 minutes and it will re-map. Then G1 should be available in your satellite list. Memorize it and then go to channel 3 for guide info or ch 100 and do a rehit.

Got it working!

I've had my 922 working for a few days, and I came back to the 905 again to see if I could figure it out. Here is what I did:

- Master Reset
- Tuned to a manual frequency for G0 on the 905, and turned my 922 to G0 also. (Entered for the frequency:3795 - 5150 = 1355,SR: 19510-FEC:3/4) and set it to tune that frequency. Digicypher light came on
- I then sent the unit a rehit. I got a mail message on the 905.
- Then I checked the 905. I had all the updated satellites in my list now.

I don't know if the frequency that I manually tuned in before (the one from Iceberg's post) was one that would give me a diffrent channel map, or it is was my old analog receiver and it's old sat names confusing me.. but the 905 is working now... That's what matters. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.