4DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kb Cool

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I just picked up another 4DTV box that works. ;) TDT is at 1920. Guide is working and all free channels are coming in. If i do a master reset will i have to get the box re-authorized from SRL or NPS?
Thanks

I just picked up another 4DTV box that works. ;) TDT is at 1920. Guide is working and all free channels are coming in. If i do a master reset will i have to get the box re-authorized from SRL or NPS?
Thanks

I think if it's a 922 you won't have to re-authorize it,but the 920
and the 905 will need to be. (not 100% sure)

920 will need it, 922 and 905 should be fine. If it's an issue just call SRL and sub. There ain't much without it.

920 will need it, 922 and 905 should be fine. If it's an issue just call SRL and sub. There ain't much without it.

Thanks for the info. It is a 920. Beside the free stuff. I'm getting the guide with the trip counter at "0". Is that normal?

Thanks for the info. It is a 920. Beside the free stuff. I'm getting the guide with the trip counter at "0". Is that normal?

It's probably not taking hits since it's not subbed and possible TDT overflow. If you do a MR you will need to get a sub to authorize it and get the guide back. I would suggest some small sub if you mostly want to play with it for free stuff. Not allot for free normally on the 4DTV except a few boring channels. SRL & Skyvision offer some ala-carts for a good price.

It's probably not taking hits since it's not subbed and possible TDT overflow. If you do a MR you will need to get a sub to authorize it and get the guide back. I would suggest some small sub if you mostly want to play with it for free stuff. Not allot for free normally on the 4DTV except a few boring channels. SRL & Skyvision offer some ala-carts for a good price.

Okay thanks again. :up

ask for the guide

Thanks

when I originally got my dsr 920 I had to do a master reset and lost it all. I called nps and asked them to authorise it for the guide (its supposed to be free) so I could download the maps and see if it worked. They gave me the guide and free hbo for the day.

when I originally got my dsr 920 I had to do a master reset and lost it all. I called nps and asked them to authorise it for the guide (its supposed to be free) so I could download the maps and see if it worked. They gave me the guide and free hbo for the day.

How long ago was that? I would think SRL would be be more receptive than NPS these days. NPS would want to sell you a Dish network system though when you call :mad:

That was about three years ago. I guess you have a point.

NPS used to do quite a few nice things. They turned on ALL the movie channels for free for me a few years back for 3 months free. They also gave The Showtime Ultraview with Showtime package back in the 90's for a month. And gave me the Absolute digital for 2 months when I bought my 4DTV all free. Now they are only interested in the bounty they get for converting you to dish. It's really sad :(

NPS used to do quite a few nice things. They turned on ALL the movie channels for free for me a few years back for 3 months free. They also gave The Showtime Ultraview with Showtime package back in the 90's for a month. And gave me the Absolute digital for 2 months when I bought my 4DTV all free. Now they are only interested in the bounty they get for converting you to dish. It's really sad :(

I can understand them wanting to go where the money is, But the lying is the part i cant understand. there are a lot of people trashing their 4dtv equipment on nps's word.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)