4K Events Discussion Thread

In case you missed it in the 4K Events thread, we have a college football game Friday night at 6PM PDT on channel 540-01. San Diego St vs Stanford... It could be a good one with Stanford's Heisman candidate Bryce Love leading the way.

I noticed that Bobby posted on Tuesday that there was a 4K game this Friday (9/21) on 540-01. All I see is 540-02 with nothing scheduled. Is Dish late on the schedule again or do I miss out because I have HDR? Or do now have to do something special to see 401-01? Last year things worked just fine. One year old LG OLED set.

I noticed that Bobby posted on Tuesday that there was a 4K game this Friday (9/21) on 540-01. All I see is 540-02 with nothing scheduled. Is Dish late on the schedule again or do I miss out because I have HDR? Or do now have to do something special to see 401-01? Last year things worked just fine. One year old LG OLED set.
My guide shows Penn St @ Illinois 8 pm central 540-01 9/21.

I am still showing the game on 540-01. 540-02 is the HDR only channel. Are you saying that you don’t see 540-01 on your guide? If so, are you in a Favorites guide? If not, I would try a Hopper reset, the unplug kind. If that doesn’t work, report back and there might be one other thing to try.

Reactions: EatMyVolts
I am still showing the game on 540-01. 540-02 is the HDR only channel. Are you saying that you don’t see 540-01 on your guide? If so, are you in a Favorites guide? If not, I would try a Hopper reset, the unplug kind. If that doesn’t work, report back and there might be one other thing to try.
Duh! Sometimes I can be so dense. Added it to my favorites and there it is.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using the SatelliteGuys app!

Anyone else having trouble with the 4K feed on 540? I am getting sound, but a black screen. No picture at all.

College Football, California at Arizona, Saturday 10-6, 7PM PDT, Channel 540-01.

I was hoping they would follow their pattern and the College Football game this weekend would be back in the midwest or east. I don't care to see California again.

Any chance for MLB playoff games in 4k?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

At the beginning of the season FOX announced the games that they would produce in 4K for the regular season. We got all of them except for the last one and I'm not sure if it was produced at all.

In the same announcement they stated they would will also produce some post season games. Whether they do or if we get them is the big mystery!

Reactions: pattykay
At the beginning of the season FOX announced the games that they would produce in 4K for the regular season. We got all of them except for the last one and I'm not sure if it was produced at all.

In the same announcement they stated they would will also produce some post season games. Whether they do or if we get them is the big mystery!

At least some of the Championship Series are scheduled to be televised on FS1. There is a chance that some of them, maybe, might be 4K. The World Series is on Fox, once again, maybe....

56-15-1-20-11-51-57m.jpg
At least some of the Championship Series are scheduled to be televised on FS1. There is a chance that some of them, maybe, might be 4K. The World Series is on Fox, once again, maybe....

Reactions: charlesrshell
FuboTV, the only multi-channel, live streaming service to offer live 4K events, next week will stream the entire MLB National League Championship Series in the new picture format.

The broadcast, which will be produced by Fox, will begin on October 12 with game one between the winner of the Milwaukee Brewers-Colorado Rockies first round series against the winner of the Los Angeles Dodgers-Atlanta Braves first round matchup.

Both DIRECTV and Dish have previously aired live sporting events in 4K, but they have yet to make any 4K announcements regarding this month’s MLB playoffs.

— Phillip Swann (FuboTV to Offer MLB's NLCS In 4K - The TV Answer Man!)

Just in...

Looks like next week FOX will be producing some games in 4K. Our odds are getting better that we may see a 4K post season game on Dish!