4K Events Discussion Thread

Compared the World Series broadcast on 540-01 (3840x2160 4K) with the broadcast on Fox 28 (1080i).
The colors are very similar. In the past the 4K broadcast on 540-01 had dull colors but tonight they were very close. It might be due to the night lighting. And of course the 4K broadcast is very sharp with great definition. I have not tried to see what the Fox Sports broadcast looked like on my Roku.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: pattykay
My hopper 3 will not let me record 4k
Yesterday it did world series but tonight...no luck
And now I get error#1281
Last week I wasnt getting errors when trying to record and said it was recording but never showed on DVR list

I got to watch my first taste of 4K on the H3 the other day for the world series. Watched about 5 minutes then had to go to bed because I get up early. I thought it looked pretty good though. My son ended up watching the whole game.

Reactions: dtv757
So I flipped back and forth between my hopper and Roku for the Ohio State/Nebraska game. The hopper picture on channel 540 is clear but really dark. I know the game on the Roku isn’t HDR but is it in 4K? IMO the Roku looks better than 540.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I don't believe the football game is in 4K on the Fox Sports app today although it was supposed to be. I looked at both my Roku and FireStick and neither one is badged 4K or HDR.

Reactions: cosmo_kramer
say, does anyone have a black screen, but select works and displays the overlay information when first tuning to 540-1 ??
i have to go back to a normal channel, then do the 4 square pip, thats 4k and works, then go back to 540 and everything works great.
(probably something in my setup, but the overlay information has me a bit confused)

Anyone getting a "Your TV doesn't support HDCP 2.2" message when trying to view the 4k channel for today's game? Never had this message before and my TV and HDMI cable both surely support HDCP 2.2. I'm guessing there was a software update of some kind that was pushed out and screwed something up?

Reactions: pattykay and Foxbat
I also got the “HDCP 2.2 not supported” message, but I thought I tracked my issue down to an Audio Technica mini HDMI flex M-F jumper I have been using since 2005 to “turn the corner” between my HDMI cable and the HDMI input on my 2018 LG C8 OLED. I also replaced the HDMI cable from my Hopper 3 to the LG with a High-Speed HDMI 2.1 cable, just to be sure.

No problems after that. The previous cabling connection did work on the 2016 4K HDR Winter Olympic coverage on my EHD, so I must have been living on the edge.