4K Events Discussion Thread

I've been a little disappointed with the 4K broadcasts since I updated my programming. Even though the picture is very clear, the colors seem to be washed out and much less vivid than on the 1080i channel. If this isn't fixed soon I'll be dropping the National Action Pack.

Getting so tired of HDCP errors whenever I try and watch 4K programming. 4K works on several other sources with my setup. Had to watch tonight’s football game on Amazon as Dish 4K keeps giving me errors. Does anyone at Dish use 4K? SJ

• Sad
Reactions: TheLip and TheKrell
Getting so tired of HDCP errors whenever I try and watch 4K programming. 4K works on several other sources with my setup. Had to watch tonight’s football game on Amazon as Dish 4K keeps giving me errors. Does anyone at Dish use 4K? SJ
Having the same issue.

Reactions: TheLip
This seems to be a glitch introduced by the last software update. New software is coming this week, so please be patient. :)

Reactions: TheKrell
I guess those of us that have lost our Fox affiliate in the Dish/Nexstar dispute have also lost the ability to get the NFL games on Thursdays in 4K? It is blacked out on 540 and not available in 4K on the Fox app either. I was able to watch the game on Tuesday on 540, but it was not available on the Fox app in 4K.

I guess those of us that have lost our Fox affiliate in the Dish/Nexstar dispute have also lost the ability to get the NFL games on Thursdays in 4K? It is blacked out on 540 and not available in 4K on the Fox app either. I was able to watch the game on Tuesday on 540, but it was not available on the Fox app in 4K.
It is ironic, since access to channel 540 requires a high enough qualifying basic package, and not just a subscription to the locals. Therefore, that basic package should include access to all of the content on channel 540. Otherwise, if qualification for the content also requires that your local affiliate not be in dispute, then that content should be available to every subscriber with the locals package who can receive their affiliate, regardless of base package.

Curious to know if this is happening to anyone else? I am in the Springfield, Missouri DMA and do not currently have my CBS or Fox affiliates because of separate contract disputes. Luckily I can get them OTA.

I live in st louis with the fox dispute
I have america 200 and do not pay for locals
Before this week I was receiving 4k
But last night I got the error message also

I set up a timer to record the Columbus Crew MLS soccer from the Game Finder app. Using the Guide I also set up a timer to record the game in 4K on channel 540-01.
Unfortunately my Hopper3 only recorded the game on Fox 28-00 and skipped recording the game on OTA Fox 28-01, OTA Fox 45-01, and Dish 540-01 since the recording was already scheduled. Thus I could not compare the 4K broadcast with the Dish 1080i broadcast or the Columbus and Dayton OTA broadcasts.
However, I did get to watch the Columbus Crew win the MLS cup.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Correct - I have not seen anything about either semifinal today in 4k, but the national championship is supposed to be in 4k

Reactions: Jimbo
Now I'm really bummed out. The Buckeyes proved that it doesn't matter how many games you play. You play to win and you win.

Now, next week is the National Championship and I guess no 4K either for the National!!! Grrrrr....

• Angry
Reactions: Howard Simmons