4K Events Discussion Thread

I do think we have a lot of college basketball coming up if that floats your boat. :)
Sounds like it would be a good time to bring back the six-screen (or even eight-screen) College Sports Multi-View app. It does seem a bit silly keeping Dish Headlines on both channel numbers (207 and 151) especially since 151 is nowhere near the other news channels. (I am not saying that they should completely take away Dish Headlines, but rather simply add another mosaic option, and put it on 151 where it always used to be.)

Reactions: Howard Simmons
For those lamenting not being able to watch the NCAA National Championship game in 4K, ESPN will only be showing the Skycam and field sound only, no announcers, in the 4K feed. Maybe not such a loss after all! :)

I have an issue with trying to stream the 4KHDR feed through the Fox Sports app on my Roku. I get a message that the channel is not included in my programing package. However I am able to watch it in 4K on channel 540. I dropped the locals package a couple weeks ago during the Nextar dispute because half of my locals were missing. I get all of my locals through OTA. Is anyone else that is using OTA to get Fox able to stream the 4K feed through the Fox Sports app?

I have an issue with trying to stream the 4KHDR feed through the Fox Sports app on my Roku. I get a message that the channel is not included in my programing package. However I am able to watch it in 4K on channel 540. I dropped the locals package a couple weeks ago during the Nextar dispute because half of my locals were missing. I get all of my locals through OTA. Is anyone else that is using OTA to get Fox able to stream the 4K feed through the Fox Sports app?
Technically, that would be correct. Dish does not carry the 4K HDR feed, only the regular non-HDR 4K feed.

I haven't watched much 4K through my Hopper because there simply isn't much, but I had recorded and watched the Super Bowl last year along with Nebraska at Minnesota game from 10/12/19. I was looking forward to watching the Rams at Seahawks in 4K after I got home, but it won't play. After a little bit, I get the following error:

"The receiver has detected that the HD television or the digital connection to the TV does not support high-bandwidth digital content protection (HDCP). Because this event follows HDCP, this event is not available to order on this TV."

I'm running a Hopper 3 through a Marantz SR6012 receiver and my display is a BenQ HT3550 projector. All are 4K or can pass 4K and all are hooked up using the latest HDMI cables. I was able to watch the Super Bowl and the Nebraska/Minnesota games without issues when nearly live and a couple times I checked throughout most of the year, but now I get the same HDCP error on all 4K through the Hopper 3.

This is so frustrating! What's going on?

This is so frustrating! What's going on?
Dish’s Quality Control Assurance Department let a clunker get through. I am connected directly to my 2018 LG C8 OLED panel with its latest firmware over a new 2m HDMI high speed cable and I get the same error, so it isn’t necessarily your signal path.

Best to use this thread, though:

I installed a new receiver last year and started to get the cable warning and would not play 4K I ordered new faster hdmi and it actually was the cables causing the issues. I have a 2019 Sony 75 inch with Fios and dish but the sound receiver would not pass 4K with the older hdmi cable. I watched the game last night on fox 4K it was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Thanks, I don't think it's my HDMI cable either. It's an optical HDMI cable, so I can't get anything better. Nothing has changed in my setup since everything worked to now. I do have a second HDMI cable running to my projector, but accessing the back of my receiver is an hour plus job, but I will get back there and make the swap sometime this week.

Reactions: pattykay
Previously, I was able to watch 4k HDR through the FoxNow app. Now, it seems I am unable to do so. Has something changed?
I watched a bit of both college basketball games today in 4K HDR on the Fox Sports app. I didn't try the Fox Now app but it should be the same.

Reactions: TheLip
I need a time machine to go back a week and schedule the IU v. Purdue game to record. I didn’t expect Dish would have a Purdue BB game highlighted as a 4K event…