4K Events Discussion Thread

Sorry guys, this might be an E* issue

I am viewing live 4K tennis via D* .

And sorry for bringing up D* in this thread ...

Hopefully E* can get this fixed

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Is Dish going to show anything other than Tennis and Golf in 4K??? How about the opening ceremonies in 4K? I've only find 4K broadcasting in prime time tennis and golf nothing else and guide shows nothing other than these two sports. What a joke! I sometimes get the HDCP error screen then it will go away and later come back.

Reactions: dtv757
I think NBC did publish a 4K schedule...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

By looking at that link, looks like the main NBC feed is not available to DirecTV or Dish, from the link-The LIVE Opening Ceremony and NBC Primetime Shows will be available via localized UHD simulcasts in the following markets and distribution platforms (marked with a ★).

Dish and DirecTV are not listed.

Then this-
In addition, a re-air of each evening’s NBC Prime Time show will available nationally in UHD the following day at 2pm Eastern, 11am Pacific on Altice, AT&T/DirecTV, Comcast, Cox, Verizon Fios and YouTube TV.

Golf Channel and Olympic Channel UHD Coverage will be available nationally on AT&T/DirecTV, Comcast/Xfinity, Cox, DISH, fuboTV, Verizon Fios, and YouTube TV.

The only thing listed on The OLYMPIC CHANNEL in 4K is Tennis until next Sunday and Golf is not on until Wednesday.

Reactions: charlesrshell
So I'm used to fixing the color settings when watching the 4k on the Sony 900 through hopper3 but can't seem to get it just right so far watching unfortunately tennis, but even golf pregame looks a little off
Anyone else?

Both the Dish 4K HDR tennis and the Golf are super clear but appear to be darker than the normal 1080i. Also the Dish menus are very dark when watching the 4K HDR Olympics. This is on my Sony XBR-65X900E TV.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: WynsWrld98
Both the Dish 4K HDR tennis and the Golf are super clear but appear to be darker than the normal 1080i. Also the Dish menus are very dark when watching the 4K HDR Olympics. This is on my Sony XBR-65X900E TV.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Same on my Vizio P75-C1

I just tuned to HDR golf on my new Samsung QN85QN90A. I’m blown away at how good it looks. Crystal clear and very bright. Man why can’t we have a full time 4K HDR channel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Have you seen anything other than Golf and Tennis? So ridiculous when Swimming and Gymnastics are huge Olympic sports and I've found none in 4K on Dish

I do not understand why Dish is the only source that has this issue. And it’s not all the time. It’s totally random. I have a brand new Samsung tv and new certified HDMI cables.
IMG_1222.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
I do not understand why Dish is the only source that has this issue. And it’s not all the time. It’s totally random. I have a brand new Samsung tv and new certified HDMI cables. View attachment 152961

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get it randomly too usually when I first start watching a 4K Dish program, no other 4K sources do I ever experience anything like this.

sorry if I asked before but does Dish have the "NBC Primetime Next day" channel or just the Golf and Olympic channel 4K?
They do not have the NBC Primetime Next Day channel in 4K. The only things they have shown in 4K, to date, is tennis and golf. There is wrestling upcoming and that appears the be all there will be.