4K Events Discussion Thread

Neither is DirecTV, a lot of others like Charter do not offer 4K, but DirecTV and Dish do, so my guess is they did not pay the extra fees that NBC wanted.

If you really want the Winter Games in 4K, sign up for YTTV for a limited time, no contract.
Directv is listed in the print under the chart . Listed under the tape delay coverage...

"
In addition, a re-air of each evening’s NBC Primetime show will available nationally in UHD the following day at both 3am Eastern and 11am Eastern (12am Pacific and 9am Pacific) on Altice, AT&T/DirecTV, Comcast, Cox, Verizon Fios and YouTube TV."

But again no mention of dish ... ??

Also I have a trash ISP so no streaming stuff for me ... wish more areas had fiber broadband...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
Directv is listed in the print under the chart . Listed under the tape delay coverage...

"
In addition, a re-air of each evening’s NBC Primetime show will available nationally in UHD the following day at both 3am Eastern and 11am Eastern (12am Pacific and 9am Pacific) on Altice, AT&T/DirecTV, Comcast, Cox, Verizon Fios and YouTube TV."

But again no mention of dish ... ??

Also I have a trash ISP so no streaming stuff for me ... wish more areas had fiber broadband...

Did not see that but also do not care, I am really getting tired of this fake 4K networks are putting out is just 1080P up-converted to 4K, it does not show how nice real 4K/HDR can look.

Real 4K sports makes the fake stuff look like poo in comparison.

I get so much real 4K from the streaming services that I cannot keep up, I am not going to waste my time on the fake stuff.

If Netflix and the like can put out the majority of their new programming in 4K, there is no reason why broadcast/cable channels cannot do the same.

If they cannot push the programming out thru Traditional Providers, create a 4K app, Watch ESPN 4K for example that you can only access with your provider’s log in.

But I read that ESPN+ is going to offer games in 4K this year, so more double dipping, they will get sub fees from the Providers, then from the streaming crowd and some from both ( like me).

Last edited:
Opposite I have a trash ISP , I dislike streaming stuff.. paying for TV cost enough, and now I gotta pay more for. Peacock, Paramount + , espn+ or whatever else plus ... its insane . I added up some of those streaming things it was $100 , thays what I pay for D* (and D* is reliable, unlike my ISP)

Agree ESPN 4k looks sharper but I like Fox " 4K.
And like you said some cable providers can't handle 4K that's why comcrap does it via IP..

If espn decides they will do 4k via + good for them I'm not paying for it . I'm already mad certain shows require Paramount + etc ...

Be upset at the content owners . They they ones not in a rush to go 4K .

Thats why I like Fox sports . fox does almost evey sport in "4k" . Even big rating events like superbowl and world series .

Cbs does 0 4k (except the masters , D* exclusive)

Reactions: Foxbat
I had to pull the plug on dish today
No 4k programming is unexceptional with how expensive it is to have hopper3, happy with yttv so far
Thanks Bobby for the work you put in to this ridiculous fiasco that is dish 4k but I won't miss having to come to see what is on
Peace

I had to pull the plug on dish today
No 4k programming is unexceptional with how expensive it is to have hopper3, happy with yttv so far
Thanks Bobby for the work you put in to this ridiculous fiasco that is dish 4k but I won't miss having to come to see what is on
Peace
To come to Dish’s defense a little, it is hard to carry more 4K programming when none is provided.

The content producers know the end is coming for traditional providers, hence why they are putting up a lot of their new content on the streaming services only, a lot of it in 4K, for example, most of the newer Disney+ movies and series are in 4K, Disney Channel, nada.

We are in a transition period right now and more and more content will be moved to the streaming services, even now new content is premiering first on streaming apps then shown on the Traditional Channel later, so basically a rerun.

Example-Walking Dead Season 11 Part 2 Episode 9 is on AMC+ as of last Sunday, it is premiering on regular AMC this Sunday, a week later.

To come to Dish’s defense a little, it is hard to carry more 4K programming when none is provided.

The content producers know the end is coming for traditional providers, hence why they are putting up a lot of their new content on the streaming services only, a lot of it in 4K, for example, most of the newer Disney+ movies and series are in 4K, Disney Channel, nada.

We are in a transition period right now and more and more content will be moved to the streaming services, even now new content is premiering first on streaming apps then shown on the Traditional Channel later, so basically a rerun.

Example-Walking Dead Season 11 Part 2 Episode 9 is on AMC+ as of last Sunday, it is premiering on regular AMC this Sunday, a week later.
Olympics are being shown on other services

Olympics are being shown on other services
True, I believe Dish did not pony up the money like YTTV did.

But I am not talking about sports ( which largely are not full 4K, they are just 1080P unconverted with HDR added on).

I am talking about the weekly series, they have no problems putting them up in 4K on the streaming services.

True, I believe Dish did not pony up the money like YTTV did.

But I am not talking about sports ( which largely are not full 4K, they are just 1080P unconverted with HDR added on).

I am talking about the weekly series, they have no problems putting them up in 4K on the streaming services.
What weekly series, specifically, are you taking about?

A lot of the prime time shows on NBC are in 4K.

I was testing an app about a year ago that was only 4K from NBC. They had things like Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, The Blacklist and others.

Then they discontinued the app.. or kicked me out from testing as I was not a Comcast customer.

Too bad it was a great app.

A lot of the prime time shows on NBC are in 4K.

I was testing an app about a year ago that was only 4K from NBC. They had things like Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, The Blacklist and others.

Then they discontinued the app.. or kicked me out from testing as I was not a Comcast customer.

Too bad it was a great app.

I believe it is still up for Comcast’s Customers only.

The Blacklist is in 4K/HDR on Netflix for one example.
Blacklist is available in 4K on Netflix but not HDR. Netflix is an app that is available on the Hopper 3 and it is available in 4K through the Hopper built in Netflix app. I don't know of anybody that is broadcasting 4K weekly series anywhere except through streaming.

Blacklist is available in 4K on Netflix but not HDR. Netflix is an app that is available on the Hopper 3 and it is available in 4K through the Hopper built in Netflix app. I don't know of anybody that is broadcasting 4K weekly series anywhere except through streaming.
And that is my point, only through streaming, do Traditional TV Providers have any plans on offering more 4K except for the random sporting event or do those who produce the programming only plan on offering it to streaming services.

Not a question, I know the answer.

Yellowstone ??

I think that was available in 4K ... but your correct not many shows via linear providers

Yellowstone ??

I think that was available in 4K ... but your correct not many shows via linear providers

Yep, Yellowstone, Blacklist is another in 4K on Netflix, some shows on CBS are shown on Paramount+ in 1080P/HDR.

Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Seinfeld are shows in 4K on streaming apps.

There is a list of more, have to find it again online.