4K Events Discussion Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Reactions: charlesrshell
I am enjoying watching the Cubs vs. Reds play from the Field of Dreams in Dyersville, Iowa on channel 540-01. The picture and color is excellent. Dish and Fox Sports are doing a great job with the broadcast. Even the commercials are now high definition. I just wish the Reds would hit better. They want to expand the site since they have seen how much money can be made.

I wish Dish could upgrade the picture on their 4k HDR 540 channels Doesn't seem much better than a 1080P I've got an LG OLED too I've tweaked the picture and that of course helped but still not what I was hoping for. Maybe I'm spoiled by the 4k pictures I see in Walmart, Best Buy ect

I wish Dish could upgrade the picture on their 4k HDR 540 channels Doesn't seem much better than a 1080P I've got an LG OLED too I've tweaked the picture and that of course helped but still not what I was hoping for. Maybe I'm spoiled by the 4k pictures I see in Walmart, Best Buy ect
There is not much Dish can do because, usually, it is a 1080P picture, up-converted to 4K, that is up to the Broadcasters, not Dish.

I still remember the launch of 1080 HD that delivered what it promised then 4K came out and a friend said we are shooting in 8K Red-cam! 4K has been a big disappointment in the amount of content available. There are historical times you would think would be in 4K such as the Queens funeral. I am hopping the Hopper Plus provides a better picture as rumored!

I still remember the launch of 1080 HD that delivered what it promised then 4K came out and a friend said we are shooting in 8K Red-cam! 4K has been a big disappointment in the amount of content available. There are historical times you would think would be in 4K such as the Queens funeral. I am hopping the Hopper Plus provides a better picture as rumored!
There is tons of 4K Content available, it just is not available with Dish or any other Traditional Provider.

for Example, CBS produces 4K content, but they did not create a 4K channel, it is on their streaming Service Paramount+.

Same for ABC ( Disney owned), they put 4K on Hulu and Disney+, even FX shows are in 4K on Hulu ( watch The Old Man on Hulu in 4K), but did not create a 4K channel for Traditional Providers.

Then of course all the original content streaming on Netflix and the likes.

I am posting this here because it is the only area that posts info about 4K on this site.

Watched the Michigan in fake 4K/HDR yesterday on the Fox Sports app.

Now, I know all Fox 4K is up converted from 1080P but with HDR.

Also I know the games from ESPN are in real 4K but no HDR.

Has there been any real 4K with HDR sporting events ever been on or will be?

I found the Michigan Game to be lacking in picture quality and no better ( actually a little worse) then the 1080P NFL games on Amazon Prime.

I am posting this here because it is the only area that posts info about 4K on this site.

Watched the Michigan in fake 4K/HDR yesterday on the Fox Sports app.

Now, I know all Fox 4K is up converted from 1080P but with HDR.

Also I know the games from ESPN are in real 4K but no HDR.

Has there been any real 4K with HDR sporting events ever been on or will be?

I found the Michigan Game to be lacking in picture quality and no better ( actually a little worse) then the 1080P NFL games on Amazon Prime.

What games have you watched on ESPN in 4K? I read online that they’re not showing any games in 4K on ESPN+.

What games have you watched on ESPN in 4K? I read online that they’re not showing any games in 4K on ESPN+.
Never said ESPN+.

But ESPN does have games in 4K on YOU TUBE TV, DirecTV, etc.

For example, here was yesterday’s game-

Never said ESPN+.

But ESPN does have games in 4K on YOU TUBE TV, DirecTV, etc.

For example, here was yesterday’s game-

Well that sucks. I’m not surprised at all that Dish doesn’t show them in 4K because, well it’s Dish. But why in the world wouldn’t ESPN allow streaming in 4K? I mean everyone else is doing it (Disney+, Prime, Netflix, etc.).

Dish has and is doing everything possible to be able to provide what is available to them. They moved satellites, transponders, created the Hopper and 4K Joey. And recently moved internationals to be streaming only. The creators are choosing to put this content on paid streaming where they make the most money. I even hear studios are no longer looking to theaters to bring in the cash. The focus is now streaming! This fall I noticed network TV is also lacking in new content.

I have the Ohio State Buckeye game in 1080i on Fox 28 on my Living Room Hopper3 and on 540-01 in 4K on my Family Room Hopper3. I do that because I run on my Living Room treadmill during the first and third quarters. I can definitely see the improved picture watching in 4K during the second quarter.
Eventually I plan to upgrade my living room tv to a Sony 4K.

Was the World Cup Opening Ceremony shown in 4K? Or is it just the matches?

Was the World Cup Opening Ceremony shown in 4K? Or is it just the matches?
I didn't watch or record but I believe the Opening was on the 4K channel. There is a studio show that goes before every game and I'd bet that is where you would see it. Now.... the studio shows are 1080P but on the 4K channel. I am only showing the games on the no discussion thread to get away from redundancy.