4K Events Discussion Thread

It seemed that parts of the half time show had my 5.1 surround going bonkers. Rihanna’s voice kept jumping from the center channel to the rear channels and back. They got it under control later.

Regarding the Lip Sync issue, we noticed it from time to time, but we switched from local OTA Fox for the pre-game show to 540-01 for the game during “America the Beautiful”. After that it seemed acceptable. After the game finished there must have been a lot of Kelsey F-Bombs as the audio kept cutting out… :devilish

Reactions: charlesrshell
It was so strange, all the videos they showed the sound was fine, for all the comentators their sound was fine (although at times lip sync was off) and the commercials were fine as well, it was only when they went to live sound within the stadium that I had to jack up the sound to hear them, this included the halftime show.

My AVR (Denon) was in DTS Neo X mode at first, then I changed it to Dolby Mode and finally flipped it to PURE mode, and it was doing it on all of them. I was flipping between 540-1 and 540-2 on the wired Joey 4 to try fixing the lip sync issues.

After the game I watched other things and the sound was perfect. It was so strange.

I have a VIP211k so I can't see the 4k channels. But with all the channels being moved off of 129, can someone who can see the 4k channels tell me what satellite and transponder the 4k channels are currently broadcasting from? Are they still on 129 TP 22, or have they moved to a transponder on 110 or 119?

I have a VIP211k so I can't see the 4k channels. But with all the channels being moved off of 129, can someone who can see the 4k channels tell me what satellite and transponder the 4k channels are currently broadcasting from? Are they still on 129 TP 22, or have they moved to a transponder on 110 or 119?
They are both still on 129, transponder 22.

A shame the Indianapolis 500 won’t be 4K via Dish (I’d set a timer). The Monaco GP I get through my F1 subscription and that’s in 4K.

Watched the FIFA Portugal USA game that I recorded on 540-02. The picture and color was great but the USA women’s team played horrible. They will advance since the score was zero to zero but if they play like that again they will lose their next game which is probably Sweden.
The commentators summarized it as follows:
1) No Teamwork
2) They are not playing to win they are playing to not lose.
3) They are arrogant.
4) The way they played they should have lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so excited that ESPN 4K is finally here! NBC (Notre Dame, Premier League) is the last big national provider Dish is missing right?
DISH is not showing any ESPN 4K content at all, at least not yet. Not even available on the ESPN app. You can get NBC 4K sports via Peacock but not via DISH. We are still mostly Fox 4K.