4K Events Discussion Thread

It's on, the Super Bowl will be on Dish in 4K/HDR on Sunday 2-11 at 3:30 PM PST on channel 540-06. Along with that there is now a new 4K channel, 903. What that is for, who knows. I guess we'll see. It took forever for 540-03 to populate with anything but now it carries ESPN 4K events. 903 shows as a 4K/HDR channel so it does not appear on the 4K Joey just like the 540 channels.

Thanks to jsmit86's catch Dish has added a channel 146 that will show Sunday's Super Bowl as well as channel 540-06. They seem to be a mirror of each other.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks to jsmit86's catch Dish has added a channel 146 that will show Sunday's Super Bowl as well as channel 540-06. They seem to be a mirror of each other.

I'm not seeing 146 nor 540-06. I do see 540-01 through 540-03. I have a 4K tv connection to the Hopper 3. Any ideas?

I'm not seeing 146 nor 540-06. I do see 540-01 through 540-03. I have a 4K tv connection to the Hopper 3. Any ideas?
I'm not sure. 540-06 has been there for a while, for me and 146 just popped up. You might try to unplug your Hopper for a minute and then replug it and let it reboot. That will force a guide update.
I just thought of something, is DISH having a contract issue with your local CBS station? If so that could affect you.

I'm not sure. 540-06 has been there for a while, for me and 146 just popped up. You might try to unplug your Hopper for a minute and then replug it and let it reboot. That will force a guide update.

I just thought of something, is DISH having a contract issue with your local CBS station? If so that could affect you.
Tried the reboot. However I get my locals OTA which I guess means no 4K Superbowl.

Along with that there is now a new 4K channel, 903. What that is for, who knows. I guess we'll see. It took forever for 540-03 to populate with anything but now it carries ESPN 4K events. 903 shows as a 4K/HDR channel so it does not appear on the 4K Joey just like the 540 channels.
I wonder if channel 903 is going to be used for the Paris Olympics.

It's on, the Super Bowl will be on Dish in 4K/HDR on Sunday 2-11 at 3:30 PM PST on channel 540-06. Along with that there is now a new 4K channel, 903. What that is for, who knows. I guess we'll see. It took forever for 540-03 to populate with anything but now it carries ESPN 4K events. 903 shows as a 4K/HDR channel so it does not appear on the 4K Joey just like the 540 channels.

Still not seeing these channels with H3.

I ran through endless hoops with Dish 'non' support for over an hour last evening because there were no 4K channels showing up in the guide for my 4K Joey, and yes I subscribe to the local channels.

I asked if there was a level two tech support available, a the current tech said that she was sure she could resolve the problem. After rebooting the H3 Hopper twice and the 4K Joey twice, she scheduled a service call.

Never did fix te problem, so I switched over to my Fubo trial to watch the game in 4K.

I ran through endless hoops with Dish 'non' support for over an hour last evening because there were no 4K channels showing up in the guide for my 4K Joey, and yes I subscribe to the local channels.

I asked if there was a level two tech support available, a the current tech said that she was sure she could resolve the problem. After rebooting the H3 Hopper twice and the 4K Joey twice, she scheduled a service call.

Never did fix te problem, so I switched over to my Fubo trial to watch the game in 4K.
You don't need a service call. The 4K channels you were looking for are 4K/HDR and the 4K Joey is not able to play live HDR so that is why you, and everyone else, don't see those channels on the 4K Joey.

You don't need a service call. The 4K channels you were looking for are 4K/HDR and the 4K Joey is not able to play live HDR so that is why you, and everyone else, don't see those channels on the 4K Joey.
Please refer to the following URL that states; * Watching in 4K requires a 4K TV, plus a Hopper 3 receiver or a 4K Joey paired to a Hopper 3
Catch Every Pass in 4K!

Or am I missing something?

Please refer to the following URL that states; * Watching in 4K requires a 4K TV, plus a Hopper 3 receiver or a 4K Joey paired to a Hopper 3
Catch Every Pass in 4K!

Or am I missing something?
You are missing the HDR part. The 4K Joey handles and plays 4K very well with Dish movies and Netflix and Prime. Just not live HDR programming, like yesterday’s Super Bowl and previous Olympics as well as the upcoming Olympics. Of course the link says that the 4K Joey can see the game and that is incorrect because of the HDR.

You are missing the HDR part. The 4K Joey handles and plays 4K very well with Dish movies and Netflix and Prime. Just not live HDR programming, like yesterday’s Super Bowl and previous Olympics as well as the upcoming Olympics. Of course the link says that the 4K Joey can see the game and that is incorrect because of the HDR.
Well, jeeze! You'd think Dish tech would know that. They pulled up my equipment list and said that I should be able to see the game in 4K.

So the 4K joeys aren't worth the plastic that they're made of any more?