4K FTA HD Receivers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
What DVR are you currently using the SSD with (please excuse me if I missed/didn't recognize it)?

I see that you have used a computer with (a) tuner card(s) but as it is a computer with a comprehensive computer operating system (presumably Windows or Linux), it is a whole different situation as compared to a Set-Top-Box OS build.
What FTA satellite set top bo:mad:s) with DVR's & internal (ssd) hard drives gave you the problems you speak of ?
thanks

Reactions: KE4EST
A few weeks ago I ordered the VU Plus Zero 4k from Europe for $165 delivered in 3 days via DHL. Thank you Tunder for your recommendation! This 4k STB is the best 4k STB that I have tested! Blows the Zgemma H7, Octagon SF4008 and the K1 receivers out of the water!

The Zero 4K Blind Scans transponders for DVBS/S2/SX, SD/HD/UHD, in approx. 2 minutes and completes the service scan in approx. 6 minutes. Found over 2600 TV and Radio services on 105w C-band in one blind scan pass in about 8 minutes. The radio services are showing the service names! Currently flipping though and listening to dozens of morning show feeds.

Scans and plays the Music Choice 125w VCM channels (with video), 16APSK, H.265 and flawless 4k. Upconverts and downconverts, so it doesn't matter if you have an HD or UHD TV. It features a built-in hotspot / server and time can be set to reference NTP. The DVR works fine with all formats (including radio). Live stream and DVR playback of 4:2:2. Yes, the teletext service works.

Watching local TV with an ATSC USB dongle and listening to FM radio with a RTL DVBT USB dongle via a powered USB Hub.

So far I've tested the OpenATV and SatdreamGR E2 images and dual boot. Takes about 2 minutes to swap between images. OpenPLI is my favorite, but the blind scan addon needs to be updated, so will patiently wait for their upcoming build.

For anyone interested in jumping on the 4k train, finally a STB that I would recommend!

How much do I like the Zero 4k? Am working on getting some to resell in North America.
Any idea when the VU Plus Zero 4K will be available from you? :hungry

Reactions: N5XZS
No 4k TV here yet either but if we can form some sort of user group to add 4:2:2 support count me in on getting one!

Reactions: Cham
A few weeks ago I ordered the VU Plus Zero 4k from Europe for $165 delivered in 3 days via DHL. Thank you Tunder for your recommendation! This 4k STB is the best 4k STB that I have tested! Blows the Zgemma H7, Octagon SF4008 and the K1 receivers out of the water!

The Zero 4K Blind Scans transponders for DVBS/S2/SX, SD/HD/UHD, in approx. 2 minutes and completes the service scan in approx. 6 minutes. Found over 2600 TV and Radio services on 105w C-band in one blind scan pass in about 8 minutes. The radio services are showing the service names! Currently flipping though and listening to dozens of morning show feeds.

Scans and plays the Music Choice 125w VCM channels (with video), 16APSK, H.265 and flawless 4k. Upconverts and downconverts, so it doesn't matter if you have an HD or UHD TV. It features a built-in hotspot / server and time can be set to reference NTP. The DVR works fine with all formats (including radio). Live stream and DVR playback of 4:2:2. Yes, the teletext service works.

Watching local TV with an ATSC USB dongle and listening to FM radio with a RTL DVBT USB dongle via a powered USB Hub.

So far I've tested the OpenATV and SatdreamGR E2 images and dual boot. Takes about 2 minutes to swap between images. OpenPLI is my favorite, but the blind scan addon needs to be updated, so will patiently wait for their upcoming build.

For anyone interested in jumping on the 4k train, finally a STB that I would recommend!

How much do I like the Zero 4k? Am working on getting some to resell in North America.

If buying out of the EU, contact the seller to arrange the export price without VAT. This savings will be equal to receiving free shipping!
Excellent insight as to the performance of this receiver!

Hello all
Got my PVR KIT about a week ago, installed the HDD, initialized the HDD and the receiver recognized the HDD right away, it records good and plays back with no problems, during restart it takes a little longer.
Regards.
Tunder

Attachments

• ScreenGrabber.jpg
    ScreenGrabber.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 288
Does it blindscan? If possible, I'd like to see the screen for that.
The last channel list I installed on my ZGemma Does a Blindscan Now But i had to do a update.
Tek2000 Discription now says "
Note: The receiver comes flashed with the latest OpenATV firmware and up-to-date FTA channel listing for satellites 8°W - 139°W.

Note: This receiver is programmed with software blindscan for c-band, ku-band and dbs satellite signals. Find those 4K wild feeds today!

"
If you buy one now you wont have to do this but this is what it did to get it up to speed.

As for 4:22 I think I can view them if I stream it from the Zgemma H7 to my tablet or VLC on a computer Like how I use to with a Amiko a3. But at least I dont have to install a VLC Plug in with the Zgemma to work on the computer!

Note: This receiver is programmed with software blindscan for c-band, ku-band and dbs satellite signals. Find those 4K wild feeds today!

In the video you posted at the 5:15 mark, it indicates that a "FAST BLINDSCAN" for KU takes 45 minutes. And then its gets worse. If you want C-Band DVB-S2 it shows "90 minutes" (at the 9:26 mark). :facepalm

That's after you shell out $229. I wouldn't want to use the ZGemma H7 even if it was given to me.

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 3.57.37 AM.png

Last edited:
Eek, 45min for a "fast" blindscan. Is that some sort of bug? How long does is blindscan on VU Plus Zero 4k and what does it show on the same menu?

The VU Plus Zero 4k performs a hardware blind scan of DVBS/S2/SX modulations in a single scan between 4 to 8 1/2 minutes depending on the services on the satellite.

While time remaining for the scan is displayed in some images, I don't recall seeing it on the E2 images that I have tested.

Reactions: Babadem
The VU Plus Zero 4k performs a hardware blind scan of DVBS/S2/SX modulations in a single scan between 4 to 8 1/2 minutes depending on the services on the satellite.

While time remaining for the scan is displayed in some images, I don't recall seeing it on the E2 images that I have tested.
I'm liking this more and more......Do you have stock for sale?

Do you know if there is a way to play a live channel on Kodi through the Enigma box? I know you can add a link via a service #. But what about playing what ever the current service is, so you don't have to have a link for every channel, but rather one link on what ever is playing on the enigma box. I'm trying to see if i can play a live 4:2:2 on the Kodi.

I bought a VU+ Zero 4K from World of Satellites in the UK. Really fast shipping via DHL. I recommend asking your credit card company to approve international purchases before ordering. Saves being denied like I was, before letting them know.

Al, K7AR

Sent from my moto x4 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)