4K HDCP Errors (Hopper 3 and Joey 4K)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
And they are showing the 02 programming, when it exists, on 04 as well. Before they enlivened the 02 channel the Fox HDR programs were shown in 04 even though the 04 channel guide has remained Olympic programming.

Reactions: charlesrshell
That is the test broadcast that has been on this channel for a few weeks. It will be there when there is no programming being broadcast. There is no Olympic programming being shown. The 04 channel was dedicated to the Olympics and they have not changed the wording in the guide. The Winter Olympics is forthcoming and they will probably use the channel then.
Thanks Bobby

Good Day and Happy Holidays!

I made the mistake of calling Dish Tech Support before Google-ing error 890 and found this helpful forum.

I got Dish about a month ago and getting the HDCP error when trying to watch football in 4K with the Joey 4K. Like the rest of you folks, Sony Bravia is new and HDMI cables are top notch so those are not the issue.
AT first I was blaming the Denon AV receiver but I took that out of line and same problem.

It does seem that when I first tune to the 4K channel, it works fine for any period of time. But when I switch away and come back, I get the HDCP (Error 890) after a few minutes.

My theory is that the keys used for HDCP get changed when you switch away and come back resulting in the error.
Given the technical people on this board, does anyone have the ability to run a sniffer between source and sink?

Thank you!
FWIW - HDMI cable is https://www.bestbuy.com/site/audioq...dmi-cable-black-white/6428725.p?skuId=6428725

AudioQuest - Pearl 16.4' 4K-8K-10K 48Gbps​

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts