4x1 diseqc won't switch on 1 satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
my diseqc switch will switch from ku to c band on every satellite but 95W,i have to leave where i am centered on 101W and come back and get centered again and then it will come in.This is frustrating,is this a bad switch?

your 4X 1 diesqc switch works on every other satellite except 1 , is this setup using the same ports for ku on all satellites and same port for c-band on all satellites . if so i would suspect the receiver satellite setup on the 1 satellite you have trouble with.

your 4X 1 diesqc switch works on every other satellite except 1 , is this setup using the same ports for ku on all satellites and same port for c-band on all satellites . if so i would suspect the receiver satellite setup on the 1 satellite you have trouble with.
seems like that should be the problem but it's not.Everything is set up accordingly,i have changed ports and and the same thing happens,guess i'll buy a better switch.

got the 4x1 chieta switch today and installed it and it is switching now on 95W,just can't understand why just that one satellite the old diseqc would not switch no matter what you did?

Most DiSEqC switches are very fragile and, frankly, cheaply made. It doesn't take much to blow out a port or the entire switch, which is why receiver power must be cut off completely while working on a switch. Not saying that is what caused the port to blow, but just about any transient electrical surge could easily take one out.

I'm not sure how much better the Chietas are (I've never used one), but I generally find 22k switches to be far more reliable than most DiSEqC switches. Unfortunately, with 22k, you can only switch between two dishes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)