$5.00 Subway Footlongs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess where we live, we are pretty lucky, we have at least 10 independent hoagie joints. These places are not only cheaper, but your sandwich has more meat, cheeses and toppings than those sickly subway subs. Most offer flavored fountain cokes, hot sides and much more variety of hoagies.

I went to subway last night. The one I normally goto and is usually always good. But last night they were slow, ran out of white bread?! and only had wheat or oregano! The vegetables looked sick, we left the building.

This Subway Im speaking of normally is always good, so I want hold one bad night on the last many years of me eating there. sh*t happens.

This was my experience a few days ago sadly to say. This place is also quite good but the last week they have closed down to clean between 4:30-5:30am. I went just after 5:30 and found they had no white bread (they had everything else) and she said they had a big rush on white bread just before the cleaning and the white bread wasn't quite finished. Beyond that I was looking at the lettice and all I could see was brown much more than the green so I didn't bother to get lettice. That was the only thing that looked bad though and I also knew the worker who is good and works hard so I'm sure it wasn't her choice. Still it doesn't present a good image to be out of white bread "and" have a big container of clearly old brownish lettice.

I guess where we live, we are pretty lucky, we have at least 10 independent hoagie joints. These places are not only cheaper, but your sandwich has more meat, cheeses and toppings than those sickly subway subs. Most offer flavored fountain cokes, hot sides and much more variety of hoagies.

If they aren't open 24 hours I'll be enjoying my 5 dollar subway sub. I do however agree with you on the rest. I often go to a local joint called Largo Subs and another place called Capa Deli that has great big subs and even greater prices. These aren't chains as you would guess. Besides these above I do frequent Firehouse Subs all the time.

FireHouse Subs are the best :) A bit pricey but they load the meat on. and the bread is great and I like the fact they steam the meat. I dont like the bread toasted but love the meat hot. Sobiks also does this. Sobiks has a nice cheese steak for a "chain" and they steam the bread/meat which is a plus.

As much as I like Subway, I like Quiznos better and they are now doing the $5 promotion in our market, as well... I'm headed there for lunch!

As much as I like Subway, I like Quiznos better and they are now doing the $5 promotion in our market, as well... I'm headed there for lunch!

At least where I am the Quizno's special applies to a grand total of four sandwiches---turkey and cheese, ham and cheese, Roast beef and cheese and the tuna melt..

They make a good sandwich but the ads touting that t hey are doing this do not seem to mention how few sandwiches are covered.

Quizno's is now advertising that they give you more meat. Hopefully Subway will start adding more meat as well. Unfortunately in my area, Subway is the only choice for subs.

Quizno's is now advertising that they give you more meat. Hopefully Subway will start adding more meat as well. Unfortunately in my area, Subway is the only choice for subs.

There is a Quiznos in Huntington. Where in Western WV do you live?

Saw a commercial yesterday that indicated the Subway promotion is going to be permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)