$5.00 Subway Footlongs

Status
Not open for further replies.
not really, more of a horrible advertising campaign similar to mickey d's bada ba ba ba, these commericals are quite possible worse then all the merck phizer bristol myers squibb ads imho

When why take it out on the sandwiches? Personally i think that there are better sandwiches than Subway but fI go there every few weeks because of the price and convenience.

this is no deal imho, its a ripoff stale bread processed meat and cheese and probaly wilted lettuce for 5 dollars dont seem like a bargin to me

the only bargin subway has had was the 6in meatball for 99cents imho

but thanks to jared and clay henry and all the other slobs who apparently have lost weight eating subway all the time
I will never go there id starve before i goto subway, thankfully jimmie johns and quiznos are close
its too bad you have this opinion....and by the way My subways dont serve stale bread...baked fresh every day...Also how are they slobs if they lost weight? why would you trash someone you dont even know?

I just had one today. It smelled good so that lured me to it. I try to save money by eating at home (plus its healthier to eat at home) but eat out once in a while when I don't have time to eat or if I am very hungry. Got to be careful as some things are extra and I saw where there was a salad for $1.50 more with the purchase of a sub. I thought dang thats a good deal and asked to see the bowl. It was big. He said certain things were extra for that in which were not extra on the sub and vice versa. Seemed confusing to me. After he made the salad he said my total was around $13. I was like "how is it that high? The sub is $5 and the salad is $1.50" and he said that it was around $6.00 Come to find out the sub was $1.50 more than the going price of their 6 inch sub. I told them that it was misleading and didn't take the salad. Way too confusing. Guess I will know better next time. I usually take a coupon in with me and get the buy one get one free deal and use it with the footlong subs. For $2-3 more I could have had a second footlong and had it for another day. I think their subs are too high but a business has to make money and it is healthy eating.

this is no deal imho, its a ripoff stale bread processed meat and cheese and probaly wilted lettuce for 5 dollars dont seem like a bargin to me

the only bargin subway has had was the 6in meatball for 99cents imho

but thanks to jared and clay henry and all the other slobs who apparently have lost weight eating subway all the time
I will never go there id starve before i goto subway, thankfully jimmie johns and quiznos are close

exactly the MCdonalds of sandwich meat :mad:

I went and got one today, the lil bit@h behind the register was like i hope this ends soon..
hmmm I cant even imagine why she would say that if she hant served you before......:rolleyes:

I've never had a bad sub from subway, I know the breads made daily several times a day at the busy shops and that everything is put out fesh aswell. Healthy though is another matter and unless you get the targetted low fat subs then your eating alot of calories and fat.

Quizno's is my favorite sub shop for taste and quality but I wont turn down subway if its the only sub shop in town and when I drove from Detroit to Richland Washington and back subway was the only national chain shop that I came across in most towns along the way.

For the record... the $5.00 deal is $5.99 in Hawaii. There are lots of subways here, including one on the Naval base I am teaching at this week.

Well, I went into a subway specifically for the $5 deal the other day. They charged full price. I asked about the sale and they told me it was over. Just at that instant, the TV behind the cashier started playing the $5 Footlong commercial. It was a local TV station on the tube. I asked the cashier why the commercial was still running if the sale was over. She said, we're not a participating Subway location. I told her I wasn't a participating customer in that store and left with them holding a sandwich they now couldn't get a nickel for!

I don't know if I was more upset that the place wasn't a participating store or that I was lied to directly to my face!

See ya
Tony

actually the $5 where i live has been going on for, at least, a month now and i've taken regular advantage too!

its too bad you have this opinion....and by the way My subways dont serve stale bread...baked fresh every day...Also how are they slobs if they lost weight? why would you trash someone you dont even know?

I was wondering how long it would take before you would chime. If it was me, I'd probably been the 2nd poster in this topic; screaming from the top of the mountain, "come on over!!!" :D

My $.02. Other than Taco Bell, it's probably the only fast food I eat during the day. And yes...:)...I do try to hit your stores when in that part of Summit or Portage counties.

Well, I went into a subway specifically for the $5 deal the other day. They charged full price. I asked about the sale and they told me it was over. Just at that instant, the TV behind the cashier started playing the $5 Footlong commercial. It was a local TV station on the tube. I asked the cashier why the commercial was still running if the sale was over. She said, we're not a participating Subway location. I told her I wasn't a participating customer in that store and left with them holding a sandwich they now couldn't get a nickel for!

I don't know if I was more upset that the place wasn't a participating store or that I was lied to directly to my face!

See ya
Tony

Did the commercial say "at participating Subway restaurants"? Maybe subway headquarters should be contacted about the particular restaurant that said they were not participating. Perhaps someone is pocketing that extra money.

I figured out how my local Subway is dealing with the promotion.

A 6-inch Spicy Italian has five each of pepperoni and salami.

I've watched them make the footlongs. Six of each, seven at the most. Cheap b#stards.

Did the commercial say "at participating Subway restaurants"? Maybe subway headquarters should be contacted about the particular restaurant that said they were not participating. Perhaps someone is pocketing that extra money.

This week on Oahu, I ran across Subways that didn't participate, fully participated, participated with only 3 sandwiches, etc. Lots of variations.

They were cheap when it comes to how many toppings they put on before the promotion so it was already as few toppings as they could get away with. It was confusing when they made my sandwich because they said it was extra for this, extra for that for a sub but different things were extra for the salad which was way more than they guy told me to begin with. I am considering making my own subs for now on since it's cheaper and less confusing.

I LOVE competition :)

Quiznos now has a $5 foot-long promotion. At least I saw the ad on a local station at least 3 times last night. I'm getting one of those for lunch Monday! :)

See ya
Tony

How much are Subway's foot-long subs normally. Seems to me last time I bought one by itself (although we bought three for $11, or something, special the last couple times I went there) it was only something like $5.19 before tax without any special pricing.

I was getting SubWay subs with the buy one get one free promotion but you have to buy the drink to get that deal and had to have a coupon.

I went to subway last night. The one I normally goto and is usually always good. But last night they were slow, ran out of white bread?! and only had wheat or oregano! The vegetables looked sick, we left the building.

This Subway Im speaking of normally is always good, so I want hold one bad night on the last many years of me eating there. sh*t happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.