5.1 surround is now available on YTTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

camo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Nebraska
If this is a repeat thread delete it. I switched back to YTTV after finding out my LG CX supported 5:1 audio with YTTV. Tried it and was wonderful I really don't care for 2 channel stereo for most TV viewing so was paying a premium price of around $300 including internet and fiber TV just for better audio. Here is a link that explains more. YouTube TV adds premium 4K package, 5.1 surround sound

I will check my Sony ( Google TV) later.

Still not available on Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV (anything) or Nvida Shield TV or Pro.
I’ve had 5.1 on both my LG smart TVs for several weeks.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I will check my Sony ( Google TV) later.
That is a big nope.

Do not really care, the only things we seem to watch is CNN and Food Network (wife), the majority of our viewing is via the streaming services.

I am usually watching with my BT headphones on, so not a big deal, but occasionally it would be nice when we are watching something, such as the Superb Owl.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
so was paying a premium price of around $300 including internet and fiber TV just for better audio
The multiple incarnations of AT&T/DirecTV's streaming service (currently DirecTV Stream) has had 5.1 on pretty much every device it's available on. I bring that up in case YTTV doesn't work out for you for other reasons (e.g., channel selection), and audio is a big priority you don't mind paying a little more for.

I currently pay $85 for DirecTV Stream (after 3 years with YTTV) to get my RSN. It also comes with free HBO Max for a year, so I'm only paying $5 more than I was for YTTV + HBO (+ I got $125 in incentives to switch). The biggest drawback is DTV Stream's DVR sucks, but it's gotten better recently since they enabled the ability to pause and trickplay live TV on certain devices.

Reactions: camo
Thanks, I looked at it because they did offer 5:1 audio and had at least one sportsman channel but they don't carry NFL network or Redzone on the stream, unfortunately. They want people to go with the big contract and install the bulky satellite system which I'll never do again. YTTV doesn't offer any sportsman-type channels even in their extra add-on packages is why I left originally but with the addition of 5:1 sound which is a biggy for me I'm back. The PQ is even better than the fiber I had and the DVR service is also excellent no worries about extending recordings or ever missing something. I was surprised when I came back they had even saved my old recordings.

Reactions: Zookster
Just tried the Shield not working there either, the article says it should. Downloaded the latest youtube TV app too and shield has the latest update I believe. When it was plugged in updated the remote only.

but they don't carry NFL network or Redzone on the stream, unfortunately
I actually didn't realize that until after I signed up. "Fortunately," having lost my NFL team (San Diego) and now with the retirement of Drew Brees, I lose more and more interest in the NFL with each passing year. I didn't even watch any NFL games last weekend (partly because the NFL insists on forcefeeding San Diego with the games involving the LA Traitors).

Just tried the Shield not working there either, the article says it should. Downloaded the latest youtube TV app too and shield has the latest update I believe. When it was plugged in updated the remote only.

I suspect other devices will be very slow to adapt to YTTV 5.1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)