5/12/2009 8:13am - Uplink Activity Report - 18 changes

D

DigiDish Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 5/12/2009 8:13am - 18 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 05/11/2009 05:31P - 05/12/2009 08:12A

Channel Moves:
374 - FTV [MPEG4 HD] moved from Echostar12 61.5W TP 23 ConUS beam to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 30 ConUS beam (A)
406 - SETA [MPEG2 SD] moved from Echostar12 61.5W TP 21 ConUS beam to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 14 ConUS beam (A)
5304 - FTV [MPEG4 HD] moved from Echostar12 61.5W TP 23 ConUS beam to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 30 ConUS beam (A) (H)
9480 - SHOTO [MPEG4 HD] moved from Echostar12 61.5W TP 23 ConUS beam to Echostar12 61.5W TP 19 ConUS beam (A)
9481 - TMC-E [MPEG4 HD] moved from Echostar12 61.5W TP 23 ConUS beam to Echostar12 61.5W TP 21 ConUS beam (A)
9589 - LTD9 [MPEG4 SD] moved from Echostar12 61.5W TP 23 ConUS beam to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 25 ConUS beam (NA)

Channel Package Flag Changes:
550 - DMOS1 [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar11 110W TP 16 ConUS beam changed to Not Available
550 - DMOS1 [MPEG4 SD] - Echostar6 72.7W TP 29 ConUS beam changed to Not Available
551 - DMOS2 [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar11 110W TP 24 ConUS beam changed to Not Available
551 - DMOS2 [MPEG4 SD] - Echostar6 72.7W TP 29 ConUS beam changed to Not Available
552 - DMOS3 [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar11 110W TP 24 ConUS beam changed to Not Available
552 - DMOS3 [MPEG4 SD] - Echostar6 72.7W TP 29 ConUS beam changed to Not Available
553 - DMOS4 [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar11 110W TP 24 ConUS beam changed to Not Available
553 - DMOS4 [MPEG4 SD] - Echostar6 72.7W TP 29 ConUS beam changed to Not Available
554 - DMOS5 [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar11 110W TP 24 ConUS beam changed to Not Available
554 - DMOS5 [MPEG4 SD] - Echostar6 72.7W TP 29 ConUS beam changed to Not Available
555 - DMOS6 [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar11 110W TP 16 ConUS beam changed to Not Available
555 - DMOS6 [MPEG4 SD] - Echostar6 72.7W TP 29 ConUS beam changed to Not Available

Channels in the system: 6561
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

Sorry for the late report guys.. Severe afternoon thunderstorm with a power outage and battery backup failure got the best of the uplink PC until I was able to stop by and fix it again.

I was watching FTV and it looks like it is an encoder issue, it breaks up about once a minute. And when it breaks up there is a picture stuck that you only see when its broken up. Its really strange.

Is SPEED HD part of the multi-sport package? It's red in my guide, but the SD version is available.

Also, where is FX HD? It's not in my guide at all. FX SD is, but not the HD version. Anyone else seeing this oddity?

Speed HD and FX HD is available for Classic Silver with HD and above. It's not available to Turbo HD subscribers. If you have the Classic package either call E* to get your receiver reauthorized or call E*, select Tech Support in the phone tree, select error message, and enter the error message number you get when tuning to FX. That should result in an automated reauthorization.

I have Classic Gold and I'm not seeing any error when tuning to FX...the HD version of it just plain isn't anywhere on my guide...not even on the HD only guide. The SD version is there and I can tune to it just fine.

SPEED SD is available as well, but the HD version of it is red in my guide and when I try to select it, it says it's a subscription channel and I need to call and sub to it.

I'll try a few things and if they don't work, I'll give them a call. Thanks for the info.

I was watching FTV and it looks like it is an encoder issue, it breaks up about once a minute. And when it breaks up there is a picture stuck that you only see when its broken up. Its really strange.

It is a 25 fps feed that is received by Dish Network

I think that converting from 25 is a new issue for Dish Network, when combined with the reconversion and statistical multiplexing required for a transponder uplink.

I think that converting from 25 is a new issue for Dish Network, when combined with the reconversion and statistical multiplexing required for a transponder uplink.

There may be some new issues, but I believe quite a number of the international channels Dish provides are also fed at 25 fps. This isn't rocket science, either.

Noticed it's only at scene changes, looks like not enough bandwidth for the new key frame. Also weird stutter/judder effect too.

The same thing happens with the channel via FTA on Galaxy 19 ku band, so it's most likely not an issue with Dish.

Speed HD and FX HD is available for Classic Silver with HD and above. It's not available to Turbo HD subscribers. If you have the Classic package either call E* to get your receiver reauthorized or call E*, select Tech Support in the phone tree, select error message, and enter the error message number you get when tuning to FX. That should result in an automated reauthorization.

Chatted with a nice tech named Misty last night. Explained the issue and she had it resolved (did a reauth) in less than 5 minutes. That was a nice, quick fix! :)

I have Classic Gold and I'm not seeing any error when tuning to FX...the HD version of it just plain isn't anywhere on my guide...not even on the HD only guide. The SD version is there and I can tune to it just fine.

SPEED SD is available as well, but the HD version of it is red in my guide and when I try to select it, it says it's a subscription channel and I need to call and sub to it.

I'll try a few things and if they don't work, I'll give them a call. Thanks for the info.

Same thing happened with me. I had to call the Tech support and have my box reauthorized.

I believe..

I thought it was odd, since I'd never encountered this issue before. The new channels usually just show up (or forcing a guide update to get them to show up), so this was the first time I've had to call for that kind of issue...

that this maybe a problem with the new smartcards. I never had a channel not show up that was added to any of my receivers prior to the new smartcards. Now nothing shows up (red in quide) since I upgraded to them. Just my opinion..
Ger

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)