5 LNB questions...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

soonersherm

Original poster
Dec 20, 2005
My landlord has a tech coming in tomorrow to install a 5 LNB dish. The H20 arrived today, complete with the upconverter. My old receiver is the Samsung TS-160. Can I use the upconverter with my old receiver? I frankly don't like the user interface with the H20. What I'm wondering is if there is any way to keep the old receiver or is it completely obsolete like the customer rep says on the phone... I can receive HD programming on the old receiver, so why the is there a necessity of getting a new one? I guess I just need a primer on the current DirecTV upgrade. Thanks.

Last edited:
soonersherm said:
My landlord has a tech coming in tomorrow to install a 5 LNB dish. The H20 arrived today, complete with the upconverter. My old receiver is the Samsung TS-160. Can I use the upconverter with my old receiver? I frankly don't like the user interface with the H20. What I'm wondering is if there is any way to keep the old receiver or is it completely obsolete like the customer rep says on the phone... I can receive HD programming on the old receiver, so why the is there a necessity of getting a new one? I guess I just need a primer on the current DirecTV upgrade. Thanks.

Your old receiver will not decode MPEG4 signals. Also, the OTA tuner is MUCH better in the H20, MUCH BETTER!

The B-band convertor isn't to allow you to use your old receiver to receive the new MPEG4 programming. It will be needed between the dish and H20 if you need to receive any programming from Spaceway 2 when it goes online so either install it now when you hook up your new H20 or put it somewhere safe in case you need it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

new directv.com

Refurbed H10 Gets MPEG4?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts