5 new HD channels coming soon!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Lets Hope DirecTV Exterminates the lousy SD Letterboxed version of BBC America SOON..... Can't wait for HD episodes of Doctor WHO, Top Gear, Copper, Primeval, ETC...

I've been with DirecTV for 22 months, previous Dish sub. I enjoyed BBC America in HD on Dish for quite some time, but when Dish Dropped every single RSN for New York subscribers it was time to leave.

John

Someone from the "other" site posted that a Directv rep posted on it's Facebook page that BBC America HD is coming this month to Directv.
Not sure if Satelliteracer has confirmed.

Thank you for this thread!

I saw that someone mentioned that, in addition to BBC America, Nat Geo Wild will also get added in HD.

Nice.

Keep them coming, DirecTV!

Lets Hope DirecTV Exterminates the lousy SD Letterboxed version of BBC America SOON..... Can't wait for HD episodes of Doctor WHO, Top Gear, Copper, Primeval, ETC...

I've been with DirecTV for 22 months, previous Dish sub. I enjoyed BBC America in HD on Dish for quite some time, but when Dish Dropped every single RSN for New York subscribers it was time to leave.

John

How would they show SD shows that are not made in HD then ?

Few shows are produced in native HD, most shows and HD content appearing on TV are recorded on Film originally.

Film is higher resolution than native HD. All the post production crew has to do is to produce or reproduce the original Master of the show so if can be broadcast in HD.

This is why many shows produced years and years ago show up being broadcast in HD either 720p or 1080i. A Great example is the show Hogans Heroes.

John

JerryVolunteer said:
Now to the next channel everyone will be complaining that isn't in HD yet lol

If we must; how about Cooking Channel? Seriously, BBC America HD will be a very nice addition to the lineup.

Few shows are produced in native HD, most shows and HD content appearing on TV are recorded on Film originally.

Film is higher resolution than native HD. All the post production crew has to do is to produce or reproduce the original Master of the show so if can be broadcast in HD.

This is why many shows produced years and years ago show up being broadcast in HD either 720p or 1080i. A Great example is the show Hogans Heroes.

John

Problem is, I don't see Star Trek NG being remade in HD. :(

Better question is, Where TV LAND... the TV Land that we all came to know IS NO MORE ...

Unfortunately they don't show the old shows that made them a nationally known channel.

Sadly that is true and it now seems to be more like TBS now which I agree is stupid since Viacom already has Comedy Central.

Jimbo said:
Problem is, I don't see Star Trek NG being remade in HD. :(

Actually... There is a bluray out now with three episodes redone in HD. Supposedly a preview of the entire series.

Status
Please reply by conversation.