5 new HD channels coming soon!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
SD should be outlawed! But that's for a different discussion.
Back to the ION discussion, Iceberg, what is the criteria for which actual ION affiliates get uploaded and which get the national remap? I was curious after you posted about that, so I watched the Directv-provided SD ION on my ch. 16 at the top of the hour to see if there was a station ID at all (like the New York station or something) or if it was blank and was surprised to see this:View attachment 80078

yours is on a spotbeam and according to the maps doesnt say "virtual" which means it would be a remap of the national feed. I'll have to look at mine closer to see if it shows the same as yours does (except for the callsign) ;)

Nice! I am seeing the following starting tomorrow at 6am, as expected:

264 BBCAHD
283 NGWHD
289 DSJRHD
426 beIN (grayed out - is it going to be 119 only?)
456 GOLHD
620 beINHD
627 GOLHD

No sign of 305 IONHD or 16 WGPXHD (my local ION) but I have it in HD via the AM21.

cool

Are you referring to the actual Ion channel itself? It is always exactly the same as the national feed, except for the station ID. Sometimes, the EPG will call a paid program by its name on WGPX (OTA and Directv) and will show only "Paid Program" on the national ch 305, but it is still the same programming. I have noticed that the AM21 never has the HD icon on WGPX HD.

I have also noticed that it has the HD icon on all programming on WLXI-1 when nothing is HD on that channel. All HD programming on the TCT family of networks is on the -2 of the 4-channel OTA line-up of TCT stations. It is weird that we don't have WLXI on Directv. It is a full-power local channel. Unlike ION, the local TCT channels are not 100% exactly the same as the national feed (Ch. 377). Wouldn't they have to carry it since it's full power? You would think they'd carry WLXI local and just have people deal with the national ION since it's the same.

WLXI 43-1 TCT local for Greensboro
WLXI 43-2 TCT HD (not the same line-up as TCT SD, local or national)
WLXI 43-3 TCT Family (the best of the TCT channels, airs some old shows! but not on AM21)
WLXI 43-4 TCT Spanish (not on AM21)
Directv 377: TCT national feed

Raleigh has the same line up on WRAY 30-x.

We could add TCT HD to the QVC and HSN list of HD hopefuls...
To stay on topic... I am excited for NGW HD!!!

https://www.facebook.com/beINSportUSA EXCLUSIVE! USA SPORTS FANS SCORE WITH LAUNCH OF beIN SPORT ON DIRECTV beIN Sport launches tomorrow 8/15 on DIRECTV! Thank YOU for all your support, and tell all of your friends. ¡DIRECTV lanza beIN Sport mañana 8/15! Muchas gracias por to do TU apoyo, y dile a todos tus amigos. *** From tomorrow August 15th at 7.30pm EST, beIN SPORT, the new 24-hour network dedicated to live and exclusive coverage of the world’s best international sports, will air on DIRECTV, one of the world’s leading providers of digital television entertainment services. beIN SPORT’s exclusive programming will include coverage of the top soccer leagues and tournaments from Europe and South America, including Spain’s La Liga, Italy’s Serie A, France’s Ligue Un, the South American World Cup Qualifiers and Copa America 2015, as well as many other world-class sporting events. The English-language version of beIN SPORT will be offered in HD and SD as part of the DIRECTV Sports Pack. The network will also provide an entirely differentiated Spanish-language channel, beIN SPORT “En Español”, which will be available on DIRECTV Más™ in SD. In addition to its linear TV network, select beIN SPORT content will be available online for DIRECTV customers. The temporary free online stream we’ve been providing will also end tomorrow. If you’re not subscribed to DIRECTV then be sure to ask your provider to carry beIN Sport, as we’re confident you can score yet another goal with them all! Programming schedule soon to be up on beIN SPORT USA Be sure to get all our breaking news by following us on Twitter @beINSport1USA (English) and @beINSport2USA (Spanish)

:popcorn I'm glad they're in!

All three really look good.

The Graham Norton Show, on BBC America HD, looks sharp.

The Dog Whisperer, which I had on in the last hour on Nat Geo Wild HD, looks as great as it did when it was on National Geographic Channel HD.

Imagination Movers, on Disney Junior HD, looks to be rocking as much as the show's musical performance (and as Disney Channel HD and Disney XD HD).

This is wonderful! I'm happy they're all in high definition for us subscribers.

I look forward to Ion Television HD, when DirecTV gets to it, and hope to see beIN Sport HD. (I wish to see it as a preview. I don't subscribe to the higher-level sports tier package.) And I want DirecTV to keep this going. Bring in even more of these non-premium channels in HD, DirecTV!

Thanks, DirecTV! :hatsoff:

very cool to see some new HD
No Ion yet but I'm sure they are just working out the bugs and maybe deciding if they want to remap it for the locals or just leave as is

Status
Please reply by conversation.