5 new HD channels coming soon!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DIY HD is mostly HD content. DIY has been available in HD for over 2 1/2 years. When I was with Dish I watched DIY alot and their content is 30-50 percent HD.

I've had DirecTV for almost 2 years now, and still no DIY HD. I hope the tide has finally shifted, on adding Non Premium HD. DirecTV is still lacking many channels HD channels carried by Cable companies and Dish Network.

The biggest still not available on DirecTV

BBC America (although should be coming soon) * on Dish
H2 HD * on Dish
DIY HD * on Dish
ID Discovery HD * on Dish
EPIX HD * on Dish
HLN HD * on Dish
Fox Movie Channel HD
LMN HD * on Dish
Cooking HD * on Dish
Style HD * on Dish
OWN HD * on Dish
We HD
Logo HD * on Dish
Nat Geo Wild HD (although should be coming soon) * on Dish
QVC HD
HBO Family West HD
Encore West (and the rest of the encore Theme channels) HD
RetroPlex HD
IndiePlex HD
IFC HD
ION HD (although should be coming soon)
Disney JR. HD (although should be coming soon)

Lets hope the new encoders eases worries at allows DirecTV to starting to add the missing HD channels.

John
Let's Hope we get most of those in HD Channels :up :)

Iceberg said:
Eastern and Central are usually "joined" together
8p Eastern & Pacific
7pm Central

But looking at the charts Directv uses both spotbeams and a CONUS spot for Ion. As example here in Minneapolis its on spotbeam but in other markets its just the remap of the national feed.

Same with Mountain and Pacific feeds...remap of the Ion West feed in alot of cases including LA

National feed of ION West is not in HD though. If it was, then I would agree with the remap.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

National feed of ION West is not in HD though. If it was, then I would agree with the remap.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

I agree. But unlike Dish which just remaps the E & W national feed Directv uses spotbeams to uplink the national feed in most cases. My local Ion is on spotbeam but is the national feed (local feed has the local ID at top of hour....). They are wasting spotbeam space honestly

If I was D* I wouldn't even waste time or money on OWN. I think this channel is near folding. Ratings are very low and it's costing Discovery lots of $.

Thats because (according to D*) over half of America are D* subscribers and who wants to watch SD. Not me

SD is a much higher sub rate, people seem to forget that and think everyone is HD. I bike around my neighborhood 5-6 times a week, lotta SD dishes around.

As far as the list above, sure, some of those channels are nice, but many of them are utter crap IMO. Let's not just add it because it's HD, we all have a monthly bill to worry about.

Unless Satelliteracer says they will launch, we will have to wait until Wednesday to see. BTW, it may be on a different day.

Most of the launches have been on Wednesday, but most of the times it isn't a Wednesday have been more recent.

The DirecTV dvr app shows BBCA HD schedule beginning tomorrow morning

Nice! I am seeing the following starting tomorrow at 6am, as expected:

264 BBCAHD
283 NGWHD
289 DSJRHD
426 beIN (grayed out - is it going to be 119 only?)
456 GOLHD
620 beINHD
627 GOLHD

No sign of 305 IONHD or 16 WGPXHD (my local ION) but I have it in HD via the AM21.

Do you think the 426 beIN would be the Spanish and the 627 beIN would be English? 426 doesn't say HD. Locally, Time Warner Cable does that with GolTV - 819 is SD and Spanish and 1819 is HD and English. I know there are more English viewers than Spanish, but I feel Spanish-speaking sports fans deserve HD! Fox Deportes and ESPN-D should be HD.

I know there are more English viewers than Spanish, but I feel Spanish-speaking sports fans deserve HD! Fox Deportes and ESPN-D should be HD.
It would be nice if every single channel on Directv's lineup were offered in HD. And yes I'm sure that Spanish speakers would appreciate having their channels in HD. But if both the English and Spanish versions cannot be in HD, then I would give HD to the version of the channel that will get more viewers. If that is the English version then so be it, and vice versa. And after all, there is nothing stopping Spanish speakers from watching the English version to get HD assuming that it's included in the package they subscribe to. I know that if I can get both versions and the HD version were in Spanish that's what I would watch. Besides, it might give me a chance to bone up on my Spanish.

:)

If you have two receivers tune one to the SD English Audio and the other to the HD Spanish video or vice versa.

SD should be outlawed! But that's for a different discussion.
Back to the ION discussion, Iceberg, what is the criteria for which actual ION affiliates get uploaded and which get the national remap? I was curious after you posted about that, so I watched the Directv-provided SD ION on my ch. 16 at the top of the hour to see if there was a station ID at all (like the New York station or something) or if it was blank and was surprised to see this: 0814121602.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts