5 new HD channels coming soon!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually... There is a bluray out now with three episodes redone in HD. Supposedly a preview of the entire series.

Still 4x3 though - I read somewhere that they tried for 16x9 but it just didn't work since they never planned for it at the time - pieces of stage equipment kept coming into the view... :)

I guess a lot of the special effects have been completely updated though, which is cool.

Someone jokingly requested TBN HD. And yes TBN is offered in HD to any system that is willing to pick it up. There is a large audience out there for Christian networks and to me it only seems fair that at least one of them be shown in HD. I would especially enjoy seeing the classic Biblical movies that TBN shows on Sunday nights in HD. I realize that there are some of you who don't watch this kind of programming, but there is probably programming that you watch that I don't watch either. To each his own. But I would like to see TBN HD come to Directv.

Jimbo said:
Better question is, Where TV LAND... the TV Land that we all came to know IS NO MORE ...

Unfortunately they don't show the old shows that made them a nationally known channel.

Not to get into film vs video argument .
How popular would TV Land hd be if The Andy Griffith Show, Leave it to Beaver, Mash....... would be in hd!!!!

I think we are getting Ion East as well. I went to record Flashpoint on Ion East tonight but On DirecTV's guide on thier website(with hide SD duplicates on)and ch 305 ION East is not there also is not BBC America264. I switched unhide SD dupicates and ION East 305 returns as does BBC America. Ion West is on both ways. My IPod & Android Apps for DirecTV guide also have Ion East305 & BBC America invisible when Hide SD duplicates is on.

If we get Ion East that would be so awesome! Cant wait! :popcorn

I think we are getting Ion East as well. I went to record Flashpoint on Ion East tonight but On DirecTV's guide on thier website(with hide SD duplicates on)and ch 305 ION East is not there also is not BBC America264. I switched unhide SD dupicates and ION East 305 returns as does BBC America. Ion West is on both ways. My IPod & Android Apps for DirecTV guide also have Ion East305 & BBC America invisible when Hide SD duplicates is on.

I would like that as well, especially since their content has improved and they are starting to get new episodes of series like Flashpoint. I can get the HD feed via OTA, but honestly, it is the last OTA channel I watch other than CW-HD on extremely rare occasions.

I am thinking eventually I will eliminate my OTA setup, the satellite HD OTA channels are very good quality, and other than a weather subchannel I rarely use the antenna. I won't pull it down for no reason, but I think when the roof is replaced in a few years it will be the end.

Odd, I get ION HD via OTA.

I am thinking eventually I will eliminate my OTA setup, the satellite HD OTA channels are very good quality, and other than a weather subchannel I rarely use the antenna. I won't pull it down for no reason, but I think when the roof is replaced in a few years it will be the end.

What are you going to watch during a storm if DirecTV is your own source? I like to be able to watch local news/weather during storms without it going out.

What are you going to watch during a storm if DirecTV is your own source? I like to be able to watch local news/weather during storms without it going out.

Recorded content primarily, I don't get outages too often, usually just a little while in heavy rain.

As for weather updates, probably use the cellphone or tablet, honestly the local TV stations do a better job on their website than they do on their weather subchannel of keeping it updated.

I live close enough that I can get most of one market's locals via rabbit ears if it ever became necessary, the rooftop setup is mostly to allow me a second market (and a third by satellite), but I just find that I hardly ever use them.

As for weather updates, probably use the cellphone or tablet, honestly the local TV stations do a better job on their website than they do on their weather subchannel of keeping it updated.

Ah, over here in tornado alley KTVT is always interrupting whatever is on to report hazardous weather and when they don't want to interrupt the main station they use the other channel they own TXA21.

sounds like a glitch as both stations show fine on my HR34 even when in channels I receive. Both show in the guide

BBC America, Nat Geo Wild, and the east feed of Ion have been mentioned here as getting their HD added by DirecTV.

Good.

I am liking a lot of the suggestions.

ION East, BBC America, Disney JR, NatGeoWild, & BeIN HD channels coming soon!

Sixto from the other site said, 5 channels are Testing right now. He said BBC America HD, ION East HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, BeIN(replacing GolTV), & one more

So what's the 5th channel?

Last edited:
Good! I heard the other day they were looking to add up to 8 HD channels before football season.

This is a step in the right direction!

The 5th channel is Disney Jr. HD.

I'm so excited for ION East HD! Flashpoint & WWE Main Event in HD! When I type Flashpoint in Smart Search it shows the HD logo next to it but dosent show the ION East HD channel yet just the SD.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)