5 new HD channels coming soon!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They already said Disney Jr HD was the fifth. Either way, these are great HD additions for everybody. Some people like soccer, some like BBC, one's a preschool channel for the kids, one is an animal channel for the whole family, and ION east is just a rerun channel, but that's fine if there is nothing else on TV. I get ION HD OTA and the PQ is pretty good. BBC HD and Nat Geo Wild have decent PQ and they'll probably look better on D* than Dish. I don't know how the PQ is on the other two channels.

I may have missed it in another thread but with the new encoders are the 1080i channels still 1920x1080 or are they 1440x1080 like Dish was/is?

So far I haven't read anything about Directv downrezzing anything.

These are great adds but I'm really holding out for DIY HD, Fuse HD, Cooking HD and my wife wants to see Style HD, Oxygen HD, LMN HD

Disney Jr. HD as well as BeIn sports HD are also in Test mode. All 5 channels are likely to go live by the end of Next week. Additions usually get lit up on Wednesday. So here's hoping we get 5 new HD channels on DirecTV for Wednesday August 15th.

John

ION east hd?
I have a local ION. (not hd)
Will this channel be available to everyone?

yes
now the question I have is this.....if you have a local Ion station (which is really just a remap of the national feed) will Directv remap the HD feed too?
As example I get Ion E on 305 but also on the locals on 41. So hopefully they remap the HD feed to your local affiliate # is you have one

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)