512 DVR

Roy99664

Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
I called Dish today to try to get an equipment change and they told me that they were not sending out anthing but HD recievers to Alaska. I wanted 2 512s. but they said they had to be 612s and I had to have a tech hook them up. Anyone know if this is policy or did I get a bum CSR?

I am not aware of any such requirement for our Alaska account. Are trying to do an upgrade? If you would like to send me your account/phone #on a private message, I would be happy to see if I can get this done for you!

Roy, I sent you a private message but it is true that Dish Netowrk is requiring all new installs (Upgrades included) to have MPEG4 or HD receivers on account.

Roy, I sent you a private message but it is true that Dish Netowrk is requiring all new installs (Upgrades included) to have MPEG4 or HD receivers on account.

Are you saying this is the case for Alaska (and Hawaii?) ONLY, or for all Western Arc new installs. This certainly sounds like Dish is beginning the process for the long awaited 8PSK or even MPEG4 for SD conversion for the WA. It would make sense to make the AK & HI spots provide MPEG4 SD service as a start, but what is the word on converting all of the WA Standard Def channels to 8PSK or MPEG4?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)