52.0 Remote - How to program without Hopper.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dish Sub 2015

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 19, 2015
The Matrix
Is there a way 52.0 dish Remote to be programed without Hopper to control a TV.

52Remote.jpg

That is a good question. With the older remote controls you could do that. Since these 52.0 remote controls are programmed via the hopper , 4k joey ,2.0 joey, I would say no, that they would be able to work with a tv by itself. But I haven't tried to do it myself.

As Mike said, the Hopper is what programs the remote. If you don't have a Hopper you can't program the remote. Or at least I doubt that you can since the older units most likely don't have the proper software to do it.

Sent from my samus using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Yes, you can, but you need to know the 4 digit code. It is programmed the same way as all remotes before. I believe something like Vizio would be 2505.

Thats great, what's are the steps getting the remote in programmable mode. I tried holding TV button down, but "TV" light did not stay on like the older remotes?

How long did you hold it down for? I did it on the 50.0, but I noticed I had to hold down the tv button significantly longer than on previous remotes.

That's just it, he doesn't have a Hopper hooked into the system... He wants to program it to use on his TV standalone... I think! :)

Ohhh.. Thanks Bobby. I didn't remember the beginning of the thread.