52.0 Remote - How to program without Hopper.

Dish Sub 2015

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 19, 2015
The Matrix
Is there a way 52.0 dish Remote to be programed without Hopper to control a TV.

52Remote.jpg

That is a good question. With the older remote controls you could do that. Since these 52.0 remote controls are programmed via the hopper , 4k joey ,2.0 joey, I would say no, that they would be able to work with a tv by itself. But I haven't tried to do it myself.

As Mike said, the Hopper is what programs the remote. If you don't have a Hopper you can't program the remote. Or at least I doubt that you can since the older units most likely don't have the proper software to do it.

Sent from my samus using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Yes, you can, but you need to know the 4 digit code. It is programmed the same way as all remotes before. I believe something like Vizio would be 2505.

Thats great, what's are the steps getting the remote in programmable mode. I tried holding TV button down, but "TV" light did not stay on like the older remotes?

How long did you hold it down for? I did it on the 50.0, but I noticed I had to hold down the tv button significantly longer than on previous remotes.

That's just it, he doesn't have a Hopper hooked into the system... He wants to program it to use on his TV standalone... I think! :)

Ohhh.. Thanks Bobby. I didn't remember the beginning of the thread.