54.0 Remote coming

My first impression of the new 54.0 remote is the backlight feature is awesome. It was so nice last nite using the remote in my bedroom with the backlight. I was surprised since the Apps and Search button are no longer there that DISH didn't add them to the Options menu. But no big deal for me, hardly ever use them two buttons. Verdict is still out for me on the missing TV power button, still getting use to that. I think the 54.0 is much better than the 50.0 remote. I am going to order two more 54.0s. One for the garage and one to replace my wife's 52.0. She is fighting me on that one. Going to be hard to wean her off of the 52.0. I hope to end up with a blend of 40.0s and 54.0s only. But of course I still have a few 21.0s standing by in my Great room and Master bedroom. No more 52.0 and 50.0 remotes for me.

Reactions: pattykay and DWS44
Yep, I knew they are in the Menu list. I just thought it was strange DISH didn't put them in the Options list since they were buttons on the 52.0 remote.

There a several remotes being used out there by Hopper users. The 40, the 50, the 52, and now the 54. The 40 doesn't have an Apps buttonor an Options button, the 50 has both Apps and Search buttons, the 52 has an Apps button but not a Search button. The 54 has neither. Both Apps and Search have always been in the Menu List. If you moved Apps and Search to Options you have a real problem because the folks using the 40, and there are many, don't have an Options button to go to. Those using the 50 or 52 would have to be retrained to find Apps and Search in a different area than they were used to.

Reactions: charlesrshell
There a several remotes being used out there by Hopper users. The 40, the 50, the 52, and now the 54. The 40 doesn't have an Apps buttonor an Options button, the 50 has both Apps and Search buttons, the 52 has an Apps button but not a Search button. The 54 has neither. Both Apps and Search have always been in the Menu List. If you moved Apps and Search to Options you have a real problem because the folks using the 40, and there are many, don't have an Options button to go to. Those using the 50 or 52 would have to be retrained to find Apps and Search in a different area than they were used to.
My 50.0 has an Apps button only. My 52.0 has both Apps and Search button.

I have been running a few test. When I hit the Power button to turn off everything the TV shuts down immediately and the Hopper about five minutes later. It does this with the remote control HDMI-CEC setting turned on or off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts