56% of viewers would drop ESPN

Absolutely, Because they all suck.
But they are also 6-10 times less money than ESPN.

I like NFL football .
But I'll miss 1 game a year to save $75+

If ESPN went A la carte they know they would lose a lot of money.
People would subscribe to the service, and cancel when they don't need it.

Now they forced to pay for it with any package over 120 pack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The thing is, ESPN is already losing money with the current model of business.

And that is entirely their own fault by paying outrageous prices for events....

Possibly. I think it has a lot more to do with the changing of generations. Overall price is a big thing too which has a lot to do with ESPN I guess. I curious how much prices would have gone up over the years if ESPN was the same price as all the other channels? For some reason I still think our prices would be similar, maybe $5-$10 cheaper.

The thing is, ESPN is already losing money with the current model of business.
Exactly, So let's see how they do A la carte?

ESPN would fall flat on their face.
Absolutely, Because they all suck.
But they are also 6-10 times less money than ESPN.

I like NFL football .
But I'll miss 1 game a year to save $75+

If ESPN went A la carte they know they would lose a lot of money.
People would subscribe to the service, and cancel when they don't need it.

Now they forced to pay for it with any package over 120 pack.

No they wouldn't. They would have to make some drastic changes but they wouldn't go anywhere.

You're wasting your time. Troch obviously doesn't watch ESPN. He showed that above when he said "But I'll miss 1 game a year to save $75+". ESPN is a lot more than "1 game a year".

Troch has to have the last word, so I'll yield.

ESPN is a lot more than "1 game a year".
Not for 56% of people. :)

I can count on one hand the number of times I've tuned into ESPN/2/U to watch my teams in a given year. Most games come from my RSN. Even Monday Night Football is usually simulcast on the team's local channel.

Reactions: Troch77
You're wasting your time. Troch obviously doesn't watch ESPN. He showed that above when he said "But I'll miss 1 game a year to save $75+". ESPN is a lot more than "1 game a year".

LOL As long as ESPN is carrying some of the biggest sporting events they are going to survive just fine.

Reactions: CoreyIllini
Not for 56% of people. :)

I can count on one hand the number of times I've tuned into ESPN/2/U to watch my teams in a given year. Most games come from my RSN. Even Monday Night Football is usually simulcast on the team's local channel.

Any college fan watches ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU every week. Then there are other sports such as the US National soccer team that is carried on the ESPN networks a lot. Major tennis events are on there, they are currently carrying one now. Don't forget some baseball games too.

Reactions: AZ.
I watch my local professional sports teams and my alma mater football games. Like I said, they can almost all be had on my RSNs or local channels. Sounds like there are many (56%) in the same situation.

Reactions: osu1991 and Troch77
Any college fan watches ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU every week. Then there are other sports such as the US National soccer team that is carried on the ESPN networks a lot. Major tennis events are on there, they are currently carrying one now. Don't forget some baseball games too.

Yep......The best collage games are on ESPN and the rest of the ABC family of networks.....

There were 44 college bowls games played this and last month plus the National Championship game. Of those, ESPN had 38 of them. I love college football, much more than pro ball. I can't be without ESPN until those games are available somewhere else.

Reactions: AZ.
There were 44 college bowls games played this and last month plus the National Championship game. Of those, ESPN had 38 of them. I love college football, much more than pro ball. I can't be without ESPN until those games are available somewhere else.
So, you'd be one of the people that would pony up for the premium price. :)

Reactions: Troch77
Those games can be available elsewhere.
But some reworking of the current system is in order.

While a few of the bowl games probably drew eyeballs, based on how mediocre the teams are that make bowl games these days, it probably isn't that big of a driver, compared to regular seasons College Football.

While a few of the bowl games probably drew eyeballs, based on how mediocre the teams are that make bowl games these days, it probably isn't that big of a driver, compared to regular seasons College Football.
Yes, that is true. But, I personally watched 16 of them and they were really good games for the most part....

When all else fails, let's turn it personal.
Lol
You might as well not wasted your time typing that extremely informational post.

Clearly I don't watch ESPN.
I'm one of those 56% that doesn't need it to live.
I watch 1 NFL game a year.
I think their commentary sucks during their Sports center.
I also don't need to watch it 10 times a day.
I rather watch Comcast Philadelphia, NFL Network, MLB Network and Big Ten Network.

I subscribe to cable on top of my Dish service get Comcast Philadelphia.
It cost me $30 a month extra to get it.

But I certainly wouldn't pay a cent for ESPN if I wasn't forced to.

For most of the bowls that is true, but the playoffs and other big bowls (rose, sugar) are some of the biggest rated games of any sport on the ESPN family of channels each year. The ratings were down this season, but it had alot to do with piss poor scheduling (new years eve).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)