$59 61.5 wing dish for Des Moines, IA HD locals. Opinions please ...

This is a disaster. the csr told me that he'd have to take locals completely off my account until the second dish is installed in order to prompt the install in there system. Is this right? that's unacceptable.

Update: I played CSR roulette after I calmed down and got it sorted out. Not sure what the first guy I talked to was smoking.

Last edited:
I got my wing dish installed just a bit ago. Signal strength is very good.
Outside of my locals, the rest of my hd is still on 129, which gets about half the signal 61.5 does. the installer was talking about pulling my 1000.2 for another 500 to get rid of 129. I'm the first they'd done, so they weren't sure how it was going to work with 129 and 61.5 coming in. they may end up coming back with a 500. we'll see.

This is B.S...Anyone who wants HD channels in the Omaha metro will have to get a second dish? Real smooth Dish...way to think things through (again). Screw 'em, I will just keep my little Radio Shack antenna, I get 20 channels on it anyway.

I have a dish 500 already. do I need them to come out and still hook up another dish?? I agree with airphotos, this is BS!!!!

I have a dish 500 already. do I need them to come out and still hook up another dish?? I agree with airphotos, this is BS!!!!

Assuming it's pointed to the SW (110/119), then yes you do (if you want to get your locals over satellite in HD). The good thing is, that they should do it for little to no cost (if they want to charge you a lot hang up and call back). I'm getting mine installed for free, but I had to extend my agreement.

This is B.S...Anyone who wants HD channels in the Omaha metro will have to get a second dish? Real smooth Dish...way to think things through (again). Screw 'em, I will just keep my little Radio Shack antenna, I get 20 channels on it anyway.

The installer that did mine was saying how horribly Dish has screwed this up. He's got a lot of customers in town that have no eastern view. There's also a lot of neighborhood covenants that prohibit a second dish. i don't know if mine does or not, but nobody has said anything yet.

This is so messed up. Why should I have to pay anything or sign up for a new 2 year commitment. I am going to stay with my antenna and wait for them to come out with a one dish solution.

Cox cable in my area just added another 10 or so HD channels and are not to far off from dish. I really do not want to switch, but if dish keeps doing things like this, than I have no choice.

Help me here a bit. First off I understand that from Dish there is no true answer but I am a bit confused by the 59 / 99 charge. Is this for any current dish customer if you wnat to add HD reguardless of if you are an existing Dish HD customer or not. Or is this ony for the Current HD customers that want to expand there chan. avaiability?

The installer that did mine was saying how horribly Dish has screwed this up. He's got a lot of customers in town that have no eastern view. There's also a lot of neighborhood covenants that prohibit a second dish. i don't know if mine does or not, but nobody has said anything yet.

I fall into that category. I live downtown and my eastern view is shaky, at best.

Yeah...don't get me wrong, I think that putting this area on EA is a bad idea. However, they had to draw the line somewhere...

Also, it's not Dish's fault that you have bad LOS to the EA. Of course, you also have the choice to go with someone else based on Dish's choice to put Omaha on the EA.

Overall, while it sucks, it's a relatively small problem to deal with in the grand scheme of things if they're remedying it for little to no money.

I had my install on Tuesday. The installer was Dave from Blue Sky. He was awesome. My previous installer never grounded it so he reworked the entire thing.

The picture quality is very good. When I compare it to antenna it is nearly impossible to tell the difference. It is awesome to be able to record more than one locally broadcast show in HD. Well worth the second dish.

Also, if you don't want or can't get a second dish, then you can wait till EA can be installed to existing customers. This is the only way the smaller markets could get HD locals at an affordable cost to Dish.

Yeah...I, too, had mine installed on tuesday. Very clean, professional install (same as with previous install). Very happy with the results (on the one local that is in HD as of now that is). Seems to be *almost* as clear as OTA. It also seems to have moved some of the other HD programming to pull from 61.5 instead of 129, which is welcome given the issues 129 sometimes has.

Overall, while I'd rather not have had another dish mounted on my roof, it's worth it. Now they just need to add some more HD locals here (especially CBS)!

I just got my wing dish installed today. The installer did a great job and the picture is awesome. Just as good as OTA channels. The installer indicated new customers are getting EA, in fact he went through his work orders for the day and said all his new installs today were EA. He thought EA would be available to existing customers in the February timeframe, which doesn't make any sense.

I was told also,it would be available in feb for existing customers.I got this from Dish installers from 2 different locations.New customers are being setup on EA! If it is NOT ready,I sure hope those new customers like watching a blank screen!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts