6/8 box connector

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jbirdbuc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
Hello,

I have moved into a new home and have a box connector outside, I have two coax cables on input looks like 101 and 99, and 6 outputs. I have my dvr connected with two inputs. (R15) When trying to access certain channels, (362 and 269) weather and history as example. It says searching for signal on ln 1 or 2 (I have switched them around) I also noticed this same error on a standard receiver. Is the setup incorrect? Please advise. Thanks.

standard dish (no HD) and looks like one LNB but is labeled DUAL lnb

From the information you posted you have an 18" dish with a dual LNB aimed at the 101 satellite only. It is connected with 2 cables to a multiswitch probably a 3X8. This provides even and odd transponders to upto 8 tuners. Losing some channels could be an indication of a bad LNB/corrosion on the ends of the cable/ bad connectors or a bad multiswitch. You say problem shows up on both dual tuner and single receiver so that eliminates tuner problems. Try using one of the lines coming from the dish connected to the single receiver location using a "barrell connector"(female splice/F81). This will eliminate the switch and tell you if the LNB is good.

First go into the receiver settings and view the transponder strengh on the 101. With a prob like that its likely you will have signal on odds and no signal (0) on evens or vise versa. Meaning you will see something like 96, 0, 96, 0, 96, 0 so on and so forth. If you see this, trace the coaxial all the way to the switch. If their are any splices (ground blocks, barrel connectors, ect), disconnect and check for corrosion. In most cases corrosion is the issue if your losing part of your channels. If their are no splices I would try bypassing the multi switch and running a receiver straight from the lnb and rechecking transponders. If your issue is corrected you know its the multi switch. Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the replies. It has been fixed. The issue was this, there are 2 cable outlets in the living room (dvr) Installer ran a cable from each one, which does make sense. BUT, the electrician wired these as one. One is lower than the other, so the upper outlet box is just "jumped" from the lower box. Its the same signal and not split, I will have to run another wire through the floor. I hope this makes sense, but I disconnected sat 2 input on the dvr and it works fine now. I have no issues with other receivers either. I will keep an eye on it for now. Thanks for the help. I am not sure what was happening when I tested a standard receiver the other day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts