6-Foot C/Ku Band Prime Focus Dish - Only $69.99!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The company that sells these dishes seemed helpful. However, UPS needs to be careful with my dish. Maybe they need to put in LARGE RED letters FRAGILE on the box. Looks like someone stepped on the end of the panel its bent and mangled.

I too had a few spots where the Paint chipped and rust started forming. Sanded and primed the areas and repainted the face with Flat Black "Rustoleum" and sprayed the back of the Dish with several cans of Rubberized Undercoating.:up

Attachments

• IMG_0166.JPG
    IMG_0166.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 251
Thanks. I was wondering what kind of paint to use. Never thought of black on the back. :)

think I'll call tomorrow if I get a chance and inquire if they still have some, just a bit leary that I might have issues with finding correct pole for it

When assembling this dish can I put all the panels together first before bolting in the LNB support rods? My fortec has the support bolted at the edge of the dish. This one is in the middle of the dish. Did everyone use washers that say come with this dish but aren't included the 37 6mm washers?

I just received the 2 I ordered. I plan on using one for Ku only. Combined with the GeoSat LNB promo going on, a 6' c band dish/lnbf AND a 6' Ku band dish/lnbf for $200 US is a hard deal to beat. Just need to find a H-H solution that will hold up. Dont want a G-Box or V-Box cluttering up the installs. Simple = better.

PKII, i put the lnb arms in after i put the dish together but had to really push in because it is tight. as far as the washers i went to home depot it was around tow dollars for the washers. so i did use all of them. Robby has been good to help with anything missing if you call him. you also want to check the arms once assembled for proper focal point. mine was off a little bit so after a little tinkering i was able to get a proper focal point.

PKII, i put the lnb arms in after i put the dish together but had to really push in because it is tight. as far as the washers i went to home depot it was around tow dollars for the washers. so i did use all of them. Robby has been good to help with anything missing if you call him. you also want to check the arms once assembled for proper focal point. mine was off a little bit so after a little tinkering i was able to get a proper focal point.

I had shipping issues with mine. Not WSI's fault but UPS damaged my dish 2 different times and I guess they didn't believe me the second time. I sent photos of all damage and emailed them. Looked like UPS stepped on the small end of the replacement panel they shipped. Plus when I noticed the paint pealing and rust underneath I sorta complained about that. Plus the washers missing. : / My first order experience wasn't a good one. WSI did offer a completely new dish but I just wanted a replaced panel and washers. : / After I got the replacement damaged from UPS WSI stopped replying. : / I think for now on I will just drive somewhere and pick it up in person so I can see there is no damage.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear that. but yes any local hardware like true value, depot or lowes you can get them for like 3-5cents a piece.

Sorry to hear that. but yes any local hardware like true value, depot or lowes you can get them for like 3-5cents a piece.

Yeah I bought some but the parts list on the instructions list 37 washers so I think they should be included in the box.

Does anybody know if there is any left. I have been holding out until after I see what goes on with 4dtv. I got this 10ft but since it is a beast with hh mount and I'll be moving. I don't want to place a very large post in the ground. I got a nice post for a ku dish and I believe I can put a sleeve on it. Then It should be good for the 6ft. I'm trying to get money for a lnbf, ajack, and the dish. But probably order the dish first. Josh

I got my 2 in mid-December. They didn't indicate any shortage at that time. I just picked up the washers needed to put them together. Hope to have at least one installed by February. Give them a call. The Atlanta office is very helpful. Expect to do a little sanding and painting, but for the price I can't complain.

Last edited:
yes for the price is outstanding. there might be pealing paint or missing bolts. but Robby takes care of the missing parts if any, he has been awesome!!!. paint can be takin care of with a five dollar can of rustoleum and (you can pick your color:). if it wasnt for him i would not have a cband system because the prices were out of budget.....much thanks goes to Robby:)

yes for the price is outstanding. there might be pealing paint or missing bolts. but Robby takes care of the missing parts if any, he has been awesome!!!. paint can be takin care of with a five dollar can of rustoleum and (you can pick your color:). if it wasnt for him i would not have a cband system because the prices were out of budget.....much thanks goes to Robby:)

My thoughts exactly ! I wouldn't have c-band if it weren't for the great deal from Robby and WSI . Now I'm looking for a local 8 footer to replace it.
:)

My thoughts exactly ! I wouldn't have c-band if it weren't for the great deal from Robby and WSI . Now I'm looking for a local 8 footer to replace it.
:)

I bought mine to keep me from dragging an old 11' mesh out of the shed and assembling it to get C-band, So this 6' dish will get me enough of a taste to want to go ahead and get the 11' up? OOOOoooooo nnOooooooooooo. LOL

Brent your already looking to go 8 footer? i know bigger is always better but what performance will an 8 do compared to a 6 (im clueless as to what it will pull in).......is it s2 feeds or the fecs in the 9/10 range??? cuz this might inspire me for another project:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts