6-Foot C/Ku Band Prime Focus Dish - Only $69.99!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok, you guys have me totally interested in this now.
I knew I shouldn't have looked. I tried not to. I really tried to pretend I wasn't seeing this but it just kept chasing me around.

The price looks crazy low and is almost in my budget range.

I guess I'm going to have to get on board with this and get one.
I hope they will hold the price on these for a few days until I get a chance to talk my dad into buying one for me. I'm pretty much broke for a few more weeks.

I'm afraid this is too good of a deal to pass up. :)

Wait, is this company a wholesale outlet or something?

I've looked all over their website and I can't find anything about purchasing anything except "contact us for info" ... :confused:

Do you like call them and put an order over the phone?

I've pretty much decided I want to go ahead and get one of these but I can't figure out how to order one. Besides, I'm an individual not a company. Obviously..

I'm also thinking I better order before the end of the month, while the deal is still valid.

Thank you.. :)

Last edited:
Wait, is this company a wholesale outlet or something?

I've looked all over their website and I can't find anything about purchasing anything except "contact us for info" ... :confused:

Do you like call them and put an order over the phone?

I've pretty much decided I want to go ahead and get one of these but I can't figure out how to order one. Besides, I'm an individual not a company. Obviously..

I'm also thinking I better order before the end of the month, while the deal is still valid.

Thank you.. :)

Yep...you have to call in the Order. I called their Atlanta Branch and talked to Charles McKoy and had it ordered in a matter of minutes.
Phone numbers at the top of the Site:
http://www.galaxy-marketing.com

Ok, ok.... So I caved in and ordered one. It will be here Friday.. :D

It was $155 for the dish, the motor and shipping to Texas..
There goes the grocery money.. Oh well, I need to go on a diet anyway.. :rolleyes:

I feel pretty confident that I can manage this one.

I don't know how I'll move the dish right now but I'll worry about that later.

I'll just aim it at This TV and figure out the details later.

Now I can worry about putting the huge dish up next year, probably about early spring time.
I talked to my neighbor and she said she'll rent me her man for a day to put up the big dish.

I'm so excited that I'll be getting This TV back again! I've been missing Patty Duke, Mr. Ed and The Outer Limits! Not to mention a lot of good movies! Yay!!! :luvlove::clap

Ok, ok.... So I caved in and ordered one. It will be here Friday.. :D

It was $155 for the dish, the motor and shipping to Texas..
There goes the grocery money.. Oh well, I need to go on a diet anyway.. :rolleyes:

I feel pretty confident that I can manage this one.

Talk about a deal! Good choice! You wont regret it. I've bought two so far, and will probably be picking up one more soon.:cool:

Oh boy! Crazy fast shipping!

I ordered it Tuesday and it came today! Wow.

United Package Smashers lived up to their name for sure!
The boxes came in pretty banged up, thankfully the contents survived. Whew!

Now. The assembly.

There are no instructions. Just a diagram and parts list.

There is nothing showing you how to put all the little parts together.

I supposed I will spend the next month figuring this thing out.. :(

Maybe if you guys post some photos of this dish in it's assembled state I might can figure it out that way..

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• etr4q34tq34t.jpg
    etr4q34tq34t.jpg
    679 KB · Views: 229
Dee, start by assembling the reflector panels. Assemble them in twos, then take the three assembled pairs and bolt them together, face down, on a flat surface such as a patio. You will want to make sure that the edges are even at this point so that the reflector lays flat without any warping. I can't help much with the polar mount assembly, I'm afraid, since I my PortaBUD has a fixed ground mount.

I think you can figure out the Polar mount pretty well from DougRuss's fine pics. Mostly that's what I went by. Once you start out, it starts to make more sense. Before that , it's just a pile of parts.
:)

I think you can figure out the Polar mount pretty well from DougRuss's fine pics. Mostly that's what I went by. Once you start out, it starts to make more sense. Before that , it's just a pile of parts.

Well, I pretty much figured out how to put the pole mount thing together from the photos BUT, I have a LOT of parts left over. :eek:

I couldn't understand that diagram, at all.. Not even a little.

What I can't figure out is where to put all those little flat washer parts.
I know what they are but I have no clue where they are supposed to go.
It seems to be looking like the photos of the ones you guys built and pretty much like the photos in the first message of this thread, just shy a few parts.

Are they critical? Will it hurt it if I leave them out? :eek:

I'm feeling a little dumb here..... :eek:

P.S. Do NOT assemble these things in your kitchen. Trust me on this...
redface.gif

I think you should use the small flat washers when you assemble the panels of the dish itself. I have one location on mine where the flimsy metal was tearing apart, with only a nut and bolt holding it together. The most critical area for this is at the outer edge, where the strain is going to be greatest, I suspect. I used extra 1/4" washers on mine, and even drilled a couple new holes, where I though it might need added support.

Attachments

• IMG_0333.jpg
    IMG_0333.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 255
I have a solution to the weird pole size this thing needs.

I was talking to my dad and he came up with a super duper solution!

He is going to buy me a 10' length of 3" x 40 fence pole.

He's going to cut 16" of the pole off.

He'll put the pole in a machine he has in his garage and he'll "turn it down" to the right size to fit inside the satellite dish thing.

Then he'll weld that piece back onto the end of the long pole and bring it to me so we can plant it in the ground and put the dish on top.

He said that putting it on a smaller pole like a 2 1/2 fence pole is too weak to survive a hurricane but that the three inch pole should be strong enough.

To be honest, I have serious concerns about this dish surviving a hurricane, period.
When I was trying to put it together I bent it up pretty much in a bad way. :(

I think it would be just fine somewhere where you never get strong storms but this thing, worries me.

Oh well. We'll see... My dad is gone to get the pole for me now. I am going to guess that he may have it ready for me sometime next week.

Now all I have to do is call rent-a-man to have it installed. :D
My neighbor told me her BF can do it if I need. He'll work for cash not beer.

It probably wouldn't be too hard to unbolt the reflector from the polar mount and stow it in a safe place if a hurricane threatens. That's why I went with the 6 footer I have... In the event of an approaching storm with Cat 1 winds or higher, I will unbolt the dish from the stand and put both parts inside. The dish reflector is small enough to be handled easily, especially if you have someone helping to move it. That's the advantage of these "PortaBUDs"... The dish is small enough to remove from harms way if a storm threatens. I, too, have my doubts as to whether these panel dishes could actually survive a storm. Iceberg had one blow down from a table, and the fall severely damaged a couple of the panels.

Last edited:
It probably wouldn't be too hard to unbolt the reflector from the polar mount and stow it in a safe place if a hurricane threatens. That's why I went with the 6 footer I have... In the event of an approaching storm with Cat 1 winds or higher, I will unbolt the dish from the stand and put both parts inside. The dish reflector is small enough to be handled easily, especially if you have someone helping to move it. That's the advantage of these "PortaBUDs"... The dish is small enough to remove from harms way if a storm threatens. I, too, have my doubts as to whether these panel dishes could actually survive a storm. Iceberg had one blow down from a table, and the fall severely damaged a couple of the panels.

I have managed to do a good bit of harm to several of the panels just trying to assemble the thing. :(

I have a 7.5' mesh dish collecting dust/rust in the backyard, and I'm on the fence purchasing this 6 footer.

For those with this solid panel 6' dish, can you PM me what particular C-Band S2 feeds you are able to receive that are 'always on'? Also, would I be better off with my 7.5' in trying to get DVB-S2 signals on the C-Band side?

thanks!

Much better off trying for DVB-S2 with your 7.5 footer. There's no substitute for accurate aim and dish size to pull in the High FEC signals . I have gotten several DVB-S2 feeds, but they are all FEC 5/6 .

Have a question concerning this dish. Would you buy this one with its low price or a 1.2m for Ku band use?

Bill,
Why don't you price out the systems both ways. The only negative thing about this 6 footer is that it is mighty thin metal. We don't know how long they'll last. I get great Ku band on my 1.0M dish, and better than that if I put my 1.2 M dish back up for Ku.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts