6-Foot C/Ku Band Prime Focus Dish - Only $69.99!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm going to connect a Ku lnb to my 6ft dish either tommorow or wednesday so I'll have a chance to see how it does compared to my 1.2m. Mine's on a little Ku motor ;)

Have a question concerning this dish. Would you buy this one with its low price or a 1.2m for Ku band use?

One consideration is that this is a prime focus dish, and most 1.2m dishes will be offset. You will have to use a Ku-Band LNBF designed for a prime focus dish or a Ku-Band prime focus feedhorn and separate LNB to utilize the 6 footer on Ku-Band correctly. A standard Ku-Band LNBF for offset dishes will not work properly.

That being said, prime focus Ku-Band LNBFs are available from at least one of our sponsors...

Forgive my ignorance but, I am a bit confused. I have now built my dish and actuator arm and assembly. I did place the ACTUATOR arm on the LEFT side as stated in one of the posts due to me living in Florida now for the DUMB question. I cant figure out how the dish will move from left to right and vice versa once the actuator extends and retracts. IT seems to me if the UP RING (3) is attached to the dish and everything else is bolted and tightened securely along with (25) the polar mount pipe, where does the dish pivot or rotate??? HELP

Rodm

Forgive my ignorance but, I am a bit confused. I have now built my dish and actuator arm and assembly. I did place the ACTUATOR arm on the LEFT side as stated in one of the posts due to me living in Florida now for the DUMB question. I cant figure out how the dish will move from left to right and vice versa once the actuator extends and retracts. IT seems to me if the UP RING (3) is attached to the dish and everything else is bolted and tightened securely along with (25) the polar mount pipe, where does the dish pivot or rotate??? HELP

Rodm

It pivots at the #5 Bolt Location.

Attachments

• Polar mount 2 copy.png
    Polar mount 2 copy.png
    114.5 KB · Views: 302
Thanks for the responses on the 6 footer with Ku. I have 3 Dish dishes (61.5, 110 and 119) plus a 8.5 BUD that is 15 years old and showing its wear. It's OK on C Band but On Ku it is starting to get very fussy. Through the years it seems to me that the C and Ku are not tracking the same. A click or two difference with the activator. Ninety percent of the time the BUD is fixed on one bird. Was thinking about getting a separate dish for Ku.

Sathhawk GBOX and PMA24 Sensor Connections?

When it comes to connecting/wiring the Sensor-, sensor+ section of the Sathawk GBOX to the PMA24 actuator's two sensor terminals, which are not marked +, or -, does it makes a difference how they are connected.

Does it affects the operation of the PMA24 actuator, or could it damage the reed of the actuator, if it is not wired correctly. Wiring the motor section is no problem, I am conserned with the sensor part of the actuator. Where does the sensor + and - of the GBOX connects in relation to the actuator sensor terminals.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

avenger.

When it comes to connecting/wiring the Sensor-, sensor+ section of the Sathawk GBOX to the PMA24 actuator's two sensor terminals, which are not marked +, or -, does it makes a difference how they are connected.

Does it affects the operation of the PMA24 actuator, or could it damage the reed of the actuator, if it is not wired correctly. Wiring the motor section is no problem, I am conserned with the sensor part of the actuator. Where does the sensor + and - of the GBOX connects in relation to the actuator sensor terminals.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

avenger.

Makes no difference on polarity of sensor wires.With the motor its trial and error!if the motor wires are backwards then the motor will just turn the wrong way.reverse wires to make motor go right way.

Makes no difference on polarity of sensor wires.With the motor its trial and error!if the motor wires are backwards then the motor will just turn the wrong way.reverse wires to make motor go right way.

Thank You, stanleyjohn,

As you said the motor was a trial and error, but it is always best to be safe than sorry. I did not see any problem in performance with the actuator in the way that it was wired, but needed a second opinion on the wiring.

This have been fun so far but still having slight problem in tracking the satellites, but little by little we are getting there.

Thank You

avenger

I just bought one yesterday. Anyone know the OD of the pole needed? I currently have a Fortec Star from Sadoun not sure if its the same size or not. :confused:

I finally found the size it says on their site. Is 75mm not correct? I hope it fits on my current pole.

Yeah I seen the PVC shim I was trying to figure out what it was used for. My pole is from Lowe's its a jack post. I took out the screw on end piece and dug a deep hole.

Last edited:
75mm is just a hair less than 3" . Unfortunately there is no standard pipe with a 3" outside diameter, so Dougruss ( and I , among others) have used PVC sleeves on smaller pipe to make it fit.
:)

Instructions

Got it today and then I looked at the instructions and it reminds me why I wanted the 4 foot. Anyone take pictures of their assembly? I think I will if I can figure it out. :confused:

PKII, the link Brent gave 404 - Whoops Page Not Found should give you enough pics to assemble the dish. that was the thread i used instead of trying to look at the instructions. i only used the instructions to make sure i had all of the hardware. if your missing any bolts or such let Robby know and he is great taking care of it. i hope this helps. the link wouldnt post but it is the one Brent gave above

Last edited:
damaged

Received first shipment with one damaged panel. They sent a replacement that was more damaged than the first one. I think UPS must be throwing the stuff in the back of the truck.

This install is halted I guess.

Gonna repair my Fortec it needs realigned and painted. What kind of paint is good for Satellite Dishes?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)