6-Foot C/Ku Band Prime Focus Dish - Only $69.99!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know what you mean, I went to Menards and picked up a 2" pipe and PVC couplings. Then today I went to Menards again for 3 bags of concrete, then later today went to the local hardware for a stick of 1/2" threaded rod . Picked up some 1/4" and 3/8" flat washers while I was there.
Pole is in the ground, though, and the dish is assembled except for lnbf and support rods. By Monday, I'll be brave enough to put the dish on the pole, and finish the assembly.
:)

I get DVB-S2 stuff on G17 C-Band on my Minibud right and plenty on the KU side too.

What I would LIKE to get that is DVB-S2 are the 9/10 FEC feeds, and that's not going to happen with a 6 footer. Mostly I watch TV in the evening while I read, preferably sports. The 6 footer should give me more than I've gotten this summer, and that'll be a plus. ZombieSAt has ruined my summer, since it caused Peachtree TV to leave 131W. I'll never forgive it !

Getting close here ! Looking everywhere for my inclinometer, to dial in the 40.7 inclination to start out, I may just have to "wing it" .

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 324
nice pics brentb636, especially the camo paint. looks like you have a open pole waiting for another dish ;)

Ha !! Reading about setting up the actuator and Elevation and Declination angles . Found out that I should reverse the side of the actuator. Mine pushes on the west side, and it should be pushing on the east side. I also need to get a longer bolt for the pivot point at the end of the actuator. The existing bolt is too short to give a "straight push" for the actuator. Meanwhile , I have the dish fixed on 91W and am enjoying the best signals I've ever seen from that bird. Definitely an improvement over the mini-BUD setup.

The C-Ku combo lnbfs work best on larger dishes, say 10 foot or better. Smaller than that size and I think you're smarter to get a dual c-band lnbf and a separate dual( or quad) linear lnbf. I simply have a motorized 1.0M Ku dish, and a motorized 1.2M mini-BUD ( with the 6 footer being in setup mode ) . I prefer not to try to do everything with one dish.
Another problem with the C-Ku combo lnbf's , is that they are single output, one for Ku band, one for C-band . If you ever wanted to run multiple receivers tuning seperately, you'd have a problem. You're better off with the dual output C-band, and separate dual output Ku band lnbf.

Finally finished the dish assembly:)

This has been the most fun and frustrating thing that I have done in years.

Well the dish is resting on the same place of my old KU band 36" dish.

After reading brentb636 post about having to reverse the side of the actuator, I do not really know if my is in the right configuration. Does living on different part of the country determines on what side of the dish the actuator should be located.

Living in the SouthEast part of Louisiana, looking from the back of the dish, is the actuator located left to right or right to left.

Tomorrow I will call on stogie5150, he suppose to have a KU/C band LNB and an actuator controller ( I call it a dish mover) for me.

Speaking of actuators, do I have to run anothe wire (Line) to control the actuator?. I guess that stogie5150 will set me straight on what is needed to make things work.

It has been a looooong day.

Thanks to all who helped me out and who anwered all my question.

avenger

What I read is that IF you are on the east side of the Mississippi, you want to attach the actuator to the dish on the east edge. If you are on the west side of the Mississippi you want to attach the actuator to the west edge of the dish. The idea is to use the actuator to push the dish out, and gravity to help the dish return. Supposedly it lengthens the life of the actuator. You are pretty much in the center of the NA arc. Probably , it doesn't matter much at all in your case. You can bet that Stogie will have an opinion!

Speaking of actuators, do I have to run anothe wire (Line) to control the actuator?. I guess that stogie5150 will set me straight on what is needed to make things work.

In addition to the coax, you will have to run extra wires for power and sensors. Cable is available with both the coax and the wires for the power and sensors all in one bundle, or "ribbon". Unfortunately, ribbon cable for BUDs is very expensive. Stogie will probably have a good alternative idea (such as sprinkler cable, which many here use).

One of these days, I have to get up to Slidell and check out Stogie's new HD toys :) ... It's been awhile since I last visited.

I had a feeling that more wires had to be run in order to use the the actuator.

Mild setback, Living in a semiswamp area, it will be a better idea to reinforce my pole foundation by adding a couple of bag of cement. The original setup was for the 36" dish and it did okay, but noticing this morning that after a misty night that the gound is a real soft, almost mushy. This dish is a little flinsy as noted by a few members, but it is much heavier than the 36" dish.

The Home Depot people are already calling me by my first name. Will call on stogie5150, to see what advice does he have on how finish

Will report on progress

avenger

In addition to the coax, you will have to run extra wires for power and sensors. Cable is available with both the coax and the wires for the power and sensors all in one bundle, or "ribbon". Unfortunately, ribbon cable for BUDs is very expensive. Stogie will probably have a good alternative idea (such as sprinkler cable, which many here use).

One of these days, I have to get up to Slidell and check out Stogie's new HD toys :) ... It's been awhile since I last visited.

What ya waiting on, night prowler? I know you sleep days and prowl nights...LOL...I got all kinda goodies...LOL

I had a feeling that more wires had to be run in order to use the the actuator.

Mild setback, Living in a semiswamp area, it will be a better idea to reinforce my pole foundation by adding a couple of bag of cement. The original setup was for the 36" dish and it did okay, but noticing this morning that after a misty night that the gound is a real soft, almost mushy. This dish is a little flinsy as noted by a few members, but it is much heavier than the 36" dish.

The Home Depot people are already calling me by my first name. Will call on stogie5150, to see what advice does he have on how finish

Will report on progress

avenger

Won't be a problem, we'll get it worked out. :) Like I told you on the phone, be happy you HAVE someone local, I had to learn long distance, with the help of a LOT of patient people. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)