6' ft C band whit two lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

omardjcu

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
whit this i hit 91 w and 95 w whit 35-40 of signal, i am locate in montreal for the people like me who like to play whit there dish.also from here whit mi 6 ft i hit 40.5 w , ther are some good chanels in spanish.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    486.5 KB · Views: 403
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    556.6 KB · Views: 408
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    803.4 KB · Views: 338
  • 204.JPG
    204.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 413
  • 202.JPG
    202.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 364
  • 195.JPG
    195.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 429
Interesting way to mount the 6ft dish and the one with the HH motor (picture # 6)

Nicely done !!!

What a nightmare of switches and cables, lol! This guy must be a plumber AND an electrician. Nice work there.

very cool :)

I did that a while back with 99W & 103W...before they put the C_Band sat at 105W..then 103 signal dropped way too low ;)

never try 3 c band lnbs?? using 99W as main, and then 95W on the right upper corner and last 91W on the right upper corner of the 95W on a 6' (looking the dish from the front) I being thinking this for a while and hopefully will give a try soon.

Sat Azimuth Elevation
99W 256 46.8
95W 252 50.6
91W 248 54.3

Looking at pic #6, the motor is upside down. How does this work to track the arc? I thought you have to be in the Southern Hemisphere for this setup to work????

Looking at pic #6, the motor is upside down. How does this work to track the arc? I thought you have to be in the Southern Hemisphere for this setup to work????
this motor have to be instal this way, like this track the arc here in the north hemisphere ,this is hh120 and the hh90 it is like you say.

So, an European model like the Stab can work this way? I never own one, guess I learn something today, thanks!

Or to put it another way, the STAB HH-100 and HH-120 models, do mount with their post upward.
The HH-90, and all other models by all other makers (that I've seen) mount with the post downward.

I have a question about scalar rings. If you want to have more than 1 lnb on a cband dish, what about the scalar ring for the others? Obviously the signal would be very much degraded. I can see having multiple lnbs with a Ku dish but with cband it seems a bit strange.

never try 3 c band lnbs?? using 99W as main, and then 95W on the right upper corner and last 91W on the right upper corner of the 95W on a 6' (looking the dish from the front) I being thinking this for a while and hopefully will give a try soon.

Sat Azimuth Elevation
99W 256 46.8
95W 252 50.6
91W 248 54.3

After reading this thread, i grabbed an lnb and scalar, went outside to the bud, and started checking for signal. the main lnb is at 91 and i get a fair signal at 99. the scalars overlapped by about 1 inch, so i traced it out with pencil and cut off the overlap. Drilled some holes in a piece of aluminum to connect the second scalar ring with the first, stuck the lnb in, tuned it a bit, and presto, i am watching 99 also.
thank u for your ideas in this thread.

Kodaz

After reading this thread, i grabbed an lnb and scalar, went outside to the bud, and started checking for signal. the main lnb is at 91 and i get a fair signal at 99. the scalars overlapped by about 1 inch, so i traced it out with pencil and cut off the overlap. Drilled some holes in a piece of aluminum to connect the second scalar ring with the first, stuck the lnb in, tuned it a bit, and presto, i am watching 99 also.
thank u for your ideas in this thread.

Kodaz
can you put some picture of that, because i was thinking of that to get some more qualiti

top and bottom.
i never posted before, so we will see if this works

Attachments

• HPIM0371.jpg
    HPIM0371.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 262
  • HPIM0369.jpg
    HPIM0369.jpg
    652.7 KB · Views: 284

These links have some great pictures, thanks Anole.
It appears that 4 degree spacing is a good place to start at when attempting the multi lnb approach, and success is linked to how far away from true south the lnbs are. I look forward to giving this a shot with my in transit $69.99 6ft WSI special. Hopefully I can get 91 95 and 99. My TS is 97.

k, changed it all around again. 5 lnbs , 87c,91c,95ku,99c,103c on same bud. Q varies from good to bad , but good tv watching on all the stations i was watching (before)with a single LNB in center.. i was surprised to see the lnbs want to arch.. when my openbox gets here, i will see if i can get any of those S2 signals from 87 as is.
I have to admit, i had to tweak the LNBs a lot to dial them in.
I ran outta cband lnbs so that is why the 95ku for now.
currently using a coolsat 6000 for all this. i am hopeful that the openbox can handle a bunch of LNBs also cause i can do 7 and have 8(some ku on dif dishes near the bud)

Attachments

• HPIM0443.jpg
    HPIM0443.jpg
    560 KB · Views: 196
  • HPIM0445.jpg
    HPIM0445.jpg
    554.5 KB · Views: 225
Great pics guys. I need to get out there and add an lnb (or two) to mine when the rain stops

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts